Anyone interested in Six Sigma improvement methodologies, concepts, and language.
This course is designed as an introduction to Six Sigma concepts and methodologies. The Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control ('DMAIC') methodology is presented with case studies and practice exercises. This version of the Introductory course is a 'healthcare' version, which focuses the DMAIC approach to process improvement on service-oriented processes typically found in healthcare industries, including facility operations, insurance, medical device manufacturing and financial administration, to name a few. With a heavy practice orientation, as much as a third of your time will be spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments.
This is a self-paced course that is a multimedia, interactive learning experience. It contains audio lectures, slide shows, virtual classroom discussion, online notebook, toolbox, quizzes, glossary, and a help feature. All course content is available on demand (asynchronous format), and can be started or stopped at any time to provide maximum scheduling flexibility. Java-based media delivery is employed to consume minimal bandwidth, and is not blocked by most firewalls.
You have 60 days to complete the course.
- CEU Hours: 0.3
- Length: 3 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.3
- Provider: Moresteam
- Understand the benefits and implications of a Six Sigma program, and relate Six Sigma concepts to the overall business mission and objectives.
- Think about your organization as a collection of processes, with inputs that determine the output.
- Use the concept of a Sigma Level to evaluate the capability of a process or organization.
- Improve process using the five-step D-M-A-I-C model.
- Recognize the organizational factors you need to lay the groundwork for a successful Six Sigma program.
- Integrate a Six Sigma effort with other process improvement initiatives.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|ISSHC01MS||Self-Paced||English||60 Days||List: $200 Member: $180|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session