This course helps you understand and apply the requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard. You’ll examine the origins of the standard, and learn practical concepts like document control, internal auditing, proficiency testing, traceability, measurement uncertainty, and method witnessing.
This course will provide students with a general overview of ISO/IEC 17025:2017. Most of the elements of the standard will be reviewed, as well as the standard’s applicability, origin, purpose, and marketplace. Important concepts such as document control, internal auditing, proficiency testing, traceability, measurement uncertainty, and method witnessing will be reviewed. There will also be a discussion on the international oversight of the standard and recognition.
- CEU Hours: 1.1
- Length: 12 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.1
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Examine the origin of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard
- Learn the benefits of accreditation and the role of accreditation bodies
- Gain an understanding of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements
Who Should Attend:Attendees would include staff involved with the standard and staff members who are potentially seeking accreditation. This could include top-level management that will need a fundamental understanding, as well as junior staff simply needing an overview of the standard. Individuals new to a company can also gain perspective in this course. For more in-depth training, the course Internal Auditing to ISO/IEC 17025 and Lead Assessor is recommended.
ISO/IEC 17025:2017 - What the Standard Requires
- Quality system
- Subcontractor quality
- Equipment control
- Test procedures
- Sample preparation
- Nonstandard samples
- Environmental conditions
- Document control, maintenance, storage, and disposal
- The auditing and accrediting process
- Internal audit
- Preparation of Documentation:
- Documentation requirements
- Effective documentation control
- 360 Overview of ISO/IEC 17025
- The origin of ISO/IEC 17025
- ISO/IEC 17025 in the marketplace and in government
- ILAC – Who audits the auditors and the international perspective?
- Roles of accrediting bodies
- Who needs accreditation and why
- Certification vs. accreditation
- How ISO/IEC 17025 relates to other standards
This is an instructor-led course that is 1.5 days in length.
Student handouts and materials will be provided on a USB drive.
This course is delivered in a face-to-face format.
Requests for course cancellations or transfers received less than 30 calendar days prior to course start date can transfer fees paid to another course offering or transfer the registration to another attendee.
ANAB is not liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of strikes, riots, curtailment of transportation, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control. If the session is cancelled, the registration fee will be refunded or the fee can be transferred to an alternate session.
If you have a question regarding the ANAB cancellation policy, please call Caroline Trenner at 414-501-5466 or email@example.com.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session