This course prepares an internal auditor to clearly understand technical issues relating to an audit. You’ll learn how to more effectively collect audit evidence and report your findings.
This course is designed to develop your understanding of auditing techniques against the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 requirements.
- CEU Hours: 2
- Length: 20 Hours
- ASQ RU: 2
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 requirements.
- Learn how to coordinate a quality management system audit against ISO/IEC 17025:2005.
- Develop an understanding of the technical systems and issues of the accredited laboratory.
- Know how to collect audit evidence and document observations, including techniques for effective questioning and listening.
- Learn how to report the findings and conclusions.
Prerequisites:All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ (item #T804).
Who Should Attend:This course is for laboratory managers, technical staff, consultants, and auditors of all types who want or need to learn better audit practices and an appreciation for the technical demands of ISO/IEC 17025.
- Background of ISO 17025:2005
- Definitions, Terminology: ISO 9000, VIM etc.
- Assessment and Auditing Requirements: ISO 17011-2004, ISO 19011-2002
- ILAC, IAAC, APLAC Recognition and Oversight
- AB Symbols, Test reports, Certificates, Equipment Stickers
- ISO 17025 Requirements
- Clause 4 Review
- Case Studies on Clauses 4
- Review Clause 4 Case Studies
- Clause 4 Review
- Auditing Guidelines: ISO 19011
- The big 3: GUM (Uncertainty), PT/ILC, Traceability
- Opening and Closing Meeting Activities
- ISO 17025 Requirements
- 19011 relationship to 17025
- Clause 5 Review
- Case Studies on Clause 5
- Review Clause 5 Case Studies
- Auditing technical methods (OPIE Form demo)
- Reporting Audit Results
- Audit Checklists and Audit reports
- Review of Standards and Internal Auditing issues
Detailed Course Description
This course addresses auditing the technical systems and issues in an accredited laboratory. In the auditing environments, we see a very weak technical understanding among internal auditors of laboratories for ISO/IEC 17025. This includes key accreditation items such as uncertainties, metrological traceability, proficiency testing, and technical method validation. This course helps prepare an internal auditor to clearly understand these technical aspects.
Classroom, instructor-led. This course is 2.5 days in length.
Student manual and handouts will be provided. All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ (Item #T804).
Requests for course cancellations or transfers received less than 30 calendar days prior to course start date can transfer fees paid to another course offering or transfer the registration to another attendee.
ANAB is not liable for failure to perform its obligations under this contract as a result of strikes, riots, curtailment of transportation, acts of God, or any other cause beyond its control. If the session is cancelled, the registration fee will be refunded or the fee can be transferred to an alternate session.
If you have a question regarding the ANAB cancellation policy, please Caroline Trenner at 414-501-5466 or email@example.com.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session