Learn the guidelines for selecting the most appropriate inspection method for a part feature.
Learn guidelines for selecting the most appropriate inspection method for a part feature. Gain an understanding of design principles to produce low-cost, functional gages. Learn a method of practical datum selection as well as guidelines for using modifiers. Criteria for selecting company/division gaging policies and an overview of gaging equipment capabilities will also be covered.
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the guidelines for selecting the most appropriate inspection methods for validating tolerances on engineering drawings.
- Determine the theoretical design size of a gage.
- Apply gage tolerance and wear allowance.
- Discern between measurement and verification.
- Replace attribute gaging with variables gaging.
- Calculate geometric tolerances and boundaries.
Prerequisites:Completion of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) course or basic knowledge of GD&T
Who Should Attend:Product Engineers, Design Engineers, Quality Engineers, Tool Engineers/Designers, and Inspection Personnel. Prior knowledge of GD&T techniques (ASME Y14.5) will be helpful.
- Product design versus inspection options
- Comparison of available inspection methods
- Functional gage design principles
- Gage design workshop
- Criteria for selecting inspection method
- Inspection criteria for geometric characteristics
This is an instructor-led course.
Participants will receive a printed course manual and textbook “Inspecting Geometric Tolerances.”
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $799 Member: $699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session