This course explains the environmental aspects and impacts of an organization. It helps you deliver an 'auditable' output to your organization that is conformant to the ANSI/ISO 14001: Standard.
Participants will work through a step-by-step, self-paced guided process for identifying significant environmental aspects and impacts within your organization. The step-by-step project results in real tangible deliverables, yet is fun and productive too. Nancy Boudreau, the expert who provided the content for the class, states that, 'Identifying environmental risks and addressing them is the most important and most difficult part of implementing ISO 14001.”
The Identifying Environmental Aspects and Impacts course consists of a series of lessons, illustrations, diagrams, examples, supplemental handout information, project management forms, interactive exercises, and quizzes. A handy desk reference, QualityWBT Glossary, and online access to ISO 14001 are included as well. This class is designed to be a project guide. There are three open-book tests, and students are given ample time to answer the questions. To receive a certificate, students must pass all the tests and visit all the lesson pages. You will have 180 days to access this course.
- CEU Hours: 1.2
- Length: 12 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.2
- Audience: New to Quality
- Provider: Quality WBT
- Explain the environmental aspects and impacts of an organization.
- Construct a simple methodology for identifying aspects and determining impacts.
- Put the identification methods you learn into practice.
- Deliver to your organization an 'auditable' output that is conformant to the ANSI/ISO 14001: Standard.
- Lead your organization through the processes of identifying its environmental aspects and determining impacts.
- Produce easy-to-use forms for the various tasks involved.
- Use this information to assist your organization to identify its own environmental aspects and determine its own impacts.
Prerequisites:None for this course
Who Should Attend:EMS coordinators or those tasked with identifying environmental risks and impacts.
- What are Environmental Aspects and Impacts?
- Communicating Environmental Aspects and Impacts Within Your Facility
- Identify Simple Processes to Maintain Significant Aspects and Impacts as Business Processes Change
- Identifying Process
- Identify the Activities, Products, and Services Within the Scope of Your EMS
- Identify the Environmental Aspects Associated With the Activities, Products, and Services
- Evaluate your Environmental Impacts to Determine Significance
- Establishing your Environmental Scope
- Define Your Environmental Boundary Line
- Sample Environmental Scope Statements
- Identify Activities, Products, and Services
- Your Organization Within the Scope of Your EMS
- Guide to Defining Your EMS to Your Company
- Identifying the Inputs and Outputs Aspects
- Facilitate the Identification of Inputs and Outputs From All of Your Processes
- Formulate a Questionnaire You Can Use in Your Organization
- Identifying Environmental Impacts
- Potential or Real Impacts
- Understanding the Possibilities
- Summarizing Your Information
- Aspect Groups
- Facilitywide Impact Evaluation
- Determining Significance
- Rating Your Impacts
- Regulatory Status
- Maintaining Your Data
- Tracking Changes
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time. You have 90 days to complete the course. Course content is nine hours long and is worth .90 CEU hours or .90 ASQ RUs.
- Online Version of ISO 14001
- Desk Reference
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|ISO14001JPR||Self-Paced||English||90 Days||List: $259 Member: $229|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session