Learn how to apply GD&T to a variety of situations including your own parts.
Discover the major pitfalls of traditional coordinate tolerancing — and how they may be overcome by using Geometric Tolerancing. Then, starting with your basic blueprint knowledge, you’ll learn the symbols, terminology, and rules of Geometric Tolerancing as prescribed in the current standard (ASME Y14.5-2009). Learn the relationship between tolerances and how to most economically apply the concepts through the GD&T Hierarchy.
- CEU Hours: 2.4
- Length: 24 Hours
- ASQ RU: 2.4
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Translate geometric callouts into plain English with one meaning.
- Explain the major default rules found in ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Explain the tolerance zones for the 14 geometric characteristics.
- Understand the hierarchy of geometric tolerancing.
- Recognize proper application of GD&T.
- Calculate geometric tolerances and boundaries.
- Understand the best approach to take when applying geometric tolerances. Select datum features based on design intent.
Prerequisites:General knowledge of print reading.
Who Should Attend:All those who use GD&T to design, produce, and inspect parts: mechanical engineers, designers, managers, production planners, inspectors, machinists, supplier quality personnel, etc.
- Why GD&T hierarchy?
- What is GD&T?
- Datum feature controls
- Advanced datum concepts
- Coaxial features
This is an instructor-led course.
Participants will receive a printed course manual and textbook “The GD&T Hierarchy Y14.5-2009” and “The GD&T Hierarchy Pocket Guide.”
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1379 Member: $1149|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session