Gain a working knowledge of the FMEA tool as it is applied to the design of products. Referencing ISO 9001 and ISO/TS 16949 standards, this course demonstrates the basics of creating a Design FMEA – a critical step in assessing the risk to the business as well as development of a product.
Address the potential failures within the design process of a new or existing product in this one-day, hands-on course. Conducted early in the product design process, the FMEA tool is used to identify risks and then adjust the design to reduce the identified risks and improve quality.Use data from your own organization with the FMEA tool in the three- to four-hour afternoon workshop that follows the morning discussion of the Design FMEA’s key components and how to successfully complete the FMEA form. You’ll receive a Design FMEA Project Checklist for workshop ideas with registration materials.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Lead designated personnel to conduct and complete a FMEA prior to product manufacturing
- Define benefits of a Design FMEA
- Identify the four phases of the Design FMEA
- Apply a prioritized approach for the design of the FMEA
- Evaluate product risk
- Create a Design FMEA
Who Should Attend:Design and/or process managers and engineers, manufacturing, quality assurance, reliability research, development, and safety engineering personnel will benefit from attending this training.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $899 Member: $799|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session