Gain a working knowledge of the FMEA tool as it is applied to the manufacturing or service processes of an organization. This course demonstrates the basics of creating a Process FMEA – a critical step in assessing the risk to the business as well as the manufacturing process of the product or service.
Address the potential failures within the process flow of the manufacturing or service system in this one-day, hands-on course. Conducted early in the process development cycle, the FMEA tool is used to identify risks and then adjust the manufacturing or service process to reduce the identified risks and improve quality.Use data from your own organization with the FMEA tool in the three- to four-hour afternoon workshop that follows the morning discussion of the Process FMEA’s key components and how to successfully complete the FMEA form. You’ll receive a Process FMEA Project Checklist for workshop ideas with registration materials.
ASQ virtual courses provide electronic access to course materials for 30 days beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if course materials have been accessed. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ
- Lead designated personnel to conduct and complete a Process FMEA prior to implementing a new process or improving an existing process
- Identify the four phases of the Process FMEA
- Examine potential causes
- Calculate risk priority number
- Evaluate risk
- Create a Process FMEA
- Maintain Process FMEA
Who Should Attend:Design and/or process managers and engineers, manufacturing, quality assurance, reliability research, development, and safety engineering personnel
- Definitions of FMEAs
- FMEA - Risk Management Tool
- When to Conduct an FMEA
- The FMEA Development Timeline
- Process FMEA
- Four Phases
- Team Effort
- Development of a Process FMEA
- Prioritized Approach
- Evaluating Design Components
- Evaluating Risk
- Product Liability Implications
- Solving Selected Problems - Eliminate Root Cause
- Verifying Effectiveness of Solution
- Maintaining the FMEA for process life
The format of this course is designed to provide a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts that are covered in the course. The virtual setting eliminates the need for travel and allows you the convenience of participating from your work or from your home.
Students of this course will receive electronic hand-outs, worksheets, and templates that will be used throughout the class.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|December 10, 2020 - December 10, 2020 08:00 AM - 03:30 PM CST||VIR0651||TBD||English||List: $699 Member: $599|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session