Gain a working knowledge of the FMEA tool as it is applied to the design of products. Referencing ISO 9001 and ISO/TS 16949 standards, this course demonstrates the basics of creating a Design FMEA – a critical step in assessing the risk to the business as well as development of a product.
Address the potential failures within the design process of a new or existing product in this one-day, hands-on course. Conducted early in the product design process, the FMEA tool is used to identify risks and then adjust the design to reduce the identified risks and improve quality.Use data from your own organization with the FMEA tool in the three- to four-hour afternoon workshop that follows the morning discussion of the Design FMEA’s key components and how to successfully complete the FMEA form. You’ll receive a Design FMEA Project Checklist for workshop ideas with registration materials.
ASQ virtual courses provide electronic access to course materials for 30 days and up to three hard copy prints beginning two days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if course materials have been accessed. Chrome and Edge browsers are recommended – Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: WebEx Training
- Lead designated personnel to conduct and complete a FMEA prior to product manufacturing
- Define benefits of a Design FMEA
- Identify the four phases of the Design FMEA
- Apply a prioritized approach for the design of the FMEA
- Evaluate product risk
- Create a Design FMEA
Who Should Attend:Design and/or process managers and engineers, manufacturing, quality assurance, reliability research, development, and safety engineering personnel will benefit from attending this training.
- Course Content Review
- Definitions of FMEAs
- Why Use FMEAs and Understand the Benefits of Using Them
- When to Conduct an FMEA
- The FMEA Development Timeline
- The Design FMEA
- Outline of Steps to Develop a Design FMEA
- Design FMEA Definitions
- Developing the FMEA Team
- Understanding the FMEA Form
- Severity, Occurrence, Detection and the Risk Priority Number
- The Importance of Action Taken
- Building Business Cases (Case Studies-Design FMEA; using company data)
The format of this course is designed to provide a hands-on experience that allows you to apply the skills and concepts that are covered in the course. The virtual setting eliminates the need for travel and allows you the convenience of participating from your work or from your home.
Students of this course will receive electronic hand-outs, worksheets, and templates that will be used throughout the class.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $699 Member: $599|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session