Reduce your company’s risk of costly mistakes. FMEA allows you to identify potential modes of failure before launching a new product or process or modifying an existing one. You’ll also learn how to choose and manage teams to effectively carry out these processes.
Gain a working knowledge of the FMEA process as it is applied to products, processes, or systems. Identify potential modes of failure and indicate their relationship to product design or manufacturing process, along with their effects, if known, on the end use of the product. Use a systematic approach to parallel, formalize, and document the mental disciplines that an engineer applies to design processes. Discuss FMEA history, methods, types, responsibilities, documentation, implementation, and software.
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: New to Quality, Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Review and discuss various tips and tools of facilitating an FMEA
- Define types of FMEA's
- Know the important benefits of FMEA
- Be familiar with components of FMEA
- Understand process requirements
- Select cross-functional teams
Who Should Attend:Anyone trying to identify and reduce risk: design and/or process managers and engineers, or personnel in the fields of manufacturing, quality assurance, reliability research, development, and safety engineering.
- Types and differences of FMEA
- How FMEA is used in the industry
- Benefits of FMEA
- Identify FMEA teams
- Develop a design and process FMEA
|Course Content / Main Topics||% of Time|
|Types and differences of FMEA||15%|
|How FMEA is used in industry today||5%|
|Benefits of FMEA||5%|
|Identify FMEA teams||5%|
|Develop a design and process FMEA||70%|
This is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
Referencing ISO 9000 and TS 16949 standards, FMEA is a critical step in the development of a new product or in the modification of existing products.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|July 13, 2020 - July 14, 2020||Providence ILT0441||RI||US||Janet P. Nelson CSSBB||English||Early Bird Ends June 07, 2020 List: $1599 Member: $1399 Regular List: $1839 Member: $1609|
|December 17, 2020 - December 18, 2020||Hollywood ILT0572||FL||US||Douglas C. Wood CMQ/OE, CQE, CSSBB||English||Early Bird Ends November 08, 2020 List: $1599 Member: $1399 Regular List: $1839 Member: $1609|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session