Work at your own pace as you learn about managing suppliers and forming strategic partnerships. This course focuses specifically on service organizations and is best for managers responsible for developing supply chains and process partners.
This self-study program provides methods, tools, and suggestions you need for managing suppliers and forming strategic partner relationships. Finding and building strategic partner relationships is key to service sustainability. It provides a way to substantially supplement your organization’s core competencies. This course has a focus on service sector organizations. Attendees will cover the fundamentals of supplier and partner relationship management. With examples, online and offline exercises, handouts, and case studies, attendees will take away lessons they can directly and immediately apply to their business.
- CEU Hours: 0.5
- Length: 5 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.5
- Audience: New to Quality; Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - Online
- Differentiate between a supplier and a partner
- Recognize the benefits and requirements of partnering relationships
- Understand the characteristics and requirements of managing supplier relationships
- Apply the principles learned
Who Should Attend:Quality managers, purchasing personnel, managers responsible for developing supply chains, and process partners should attend this course.
- Introduction to partnering with suppliers
- Goal of partnering
- Quality and quality system
- Elements of a Quality Management System (QMS)
- Strategic purpose and benefits of partnering
- Benefits of partnering
- Pyramid of partnering principles
- Cost vs. price
- Quality system methods for supplier management
- Nine key topics of supplier management
- Case studies and application exercises
- Managing business partners
- Quality tools for business partner management
- Eight steps for managing strategic partners
- Case studies and application exercises
- References and resources
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|DHPSPRASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $299 Member: $249|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session