The cost of quality is the price of the wasted resources your company suffers when it is not operating at top efficiency. Sometimes the amount of unnecessary expenses can cost as much as 25 percent of your sales. Learn to use cost of quality concepts to manage business improvement and maximize the bottom line.
Improve customer satisfaction, competitiveness, and financial performance by understanding the link between quality improvement and profits. Learn to select, manage, and strategically use cost of quality (CoQ) improvement projects within your organization. Surveys show a vast majority of companies either overlook or are unaware of the concept of CoQ. Quality costs (actual plus hidden) can amount to a large proportion of sales, often 25 percent or more. Learn to successfully use CoQ to help strategically manage your improvement projects with bottom-line results.
- CEU Hours: 1.3
- Length: 13 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.3
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Analyze and apply key cost of quality principles, including critical success factors.
- Apply CoQ to different types of improvement initiatives and perform calculations regarding supplier CoQ.
- Describe how project?based and systematic quality approaches support and benefit each other.
- Use CoQ data collection and analysis strategies to meet business goals of reducing risks and lowering costs.
- Identify key change leadership principles that can help enable CoQ implementations
Prerequisites:This course assumes participants have some background in quality principles and terminologies. Participants should know something about cost allocation techniques, methods of estimating the value of partially processed product, and the transactional processes within their organizations.
Who Should Attend:Professionals seeking to initiate cost-based measurement or improvement programs in their respective organizations or to add to their knowledge of effective measurement systems and quality standards would benefit from taking this course.
- Lesson One: Foundations of Cost of Quality
- Historical quality and cost of quality milestones
- Key change strategies and critical success factors that can assist efforts to implement cost of quality measures
- The cornerstone prevention, appraisal, and failure (PAF) model
- Characteristics of successful cost of quality implementations and links to continuous improvement
- Lesson Two: Applying Cost of Quality
- Applying CoQ to different types of quality initiatives
- Applying CoQ to different business environments
- Lesson Three: Blending Project-Based and Systematic Quality Approaches: How They Can Support and Benefit Each Other
- Collecting and Analyzing CoQ Data
- Reducing risk
- Lowering cost
- Other business objectives
- Using Cost of Quality for Continuous Improvement: Change Leadership Principles
Detailed Course Description
This course is intended to provide participants the information needed to:
- Learn to select, manage, and strategically use CoQ improvement projects within your organization.
- Manage projects within your specific organizations.
- Measure point-in-time CoQ by establishing a baseline and describing the value of CoQ to your organization’s leadership.
- Apply the concepts and areas of CoQ and continuous quality improvement within your projects or organizations.
- Improve customer satisfaction, competitiveness, and financial performance by understanding the link between quality improvement and profits.
This is a two-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
Students will receive the course manual and textbook, Principles of Quality Costs, 4th Ed., at the course. These materials are included in the purchase price of the course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|May 02, 2020 - May 03, 2020||Columbus ILT0581||OH||US||Grace L. Duffy CMBB, CMQ/OE, CQA, CQIA, CSSGB||English||Early Bird Ends March 22, 2020 List: $1299 Member: $1099 Regular List: $1499 Member: $1269|
|July 13, 2020 - July 14, 2020||Providence ILT0440||RI||US||Grace L. Duffy CMBB, CMQ/OE, CQA, CQIA, CSSGB||English||Early Bird Ends June 07, 2020 List: $1299 Member: $1099 Regular List: $1499 Member: $1269|
|December 17, 2020 - December 18, 2020||Hollywood ILT0569||FL||US||Grace L. Duffy CMBB, CMQ/OE, CQA, CQIA, CSSGB||English||Early Bird Ends November 08, 2020 List: $1299 Member: $1099 Regular List: $1499 Member: $1269|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session