How does quality management relate to financial management? This course will teach you how to calculate the cost of quality within your organization. You will also develop strategies to manage improvement projects for your company.
This one-day, instructor-led, virtual or traditional classroom course helps you understand the vital link between quality management and financial management. It explains the quality management principles and Techniques such as the process approach, prevention, problem solving, and change management. This enables an understanding of COQ concepts, calculations, and strategy development. The course explains a two-phase strategic approach. Phase one will help you identify and implement COQ projects within your own organization. Phase two links quality and finance with a continuous collection process. The instructor includes tools such as calculation sheets, case studies, and discussions to make the course interactive, practical, and useful.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 0.7
- Length: 7 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.7
- Provider: WebEx Training
- Understand quality management principles.
- Calculate COQ.
- Conduct COQ assessments.
- Identify COQ cost drivers within their organization.
- Develop a COQ strategy.
- Use COQ to drive prevention in their organization.
- Apply COQ to manage improvement projects for their company.
Who Should Attend:Managers, supervisors, quality leaders, and facilitators responsible for and involved in continuous improvement, as well as representatives from accounting and finance should attend this training.
- Course Objectives
- Evolution of Quality Management
- The ‘Law of Ten’
- Quality Management and Finance
- Planning Quality and Finance
- Cost of Quality focus
- Business approach to Quality Management
- Quality Management Principles
- Prevention to reduce the Cost of Failure
- Typical Prevention and Failure Costs
- Calculating the Cost of Failure
- Cost of Failure in a Transactional Process
- Cost of Prevention and Failure
- Cost of Failure Calculation
- COQ Strategy
- Two-phase strategy and critical success factors.
- COQ Case Study
- Implementing COQ Phase I — Improvement Projects
- Roadmap for change
- First Cut Cost of Quality
- COQ Roadmap — Project and Team Selection, Root Cause Analysis, Problem Solving
- Implementing COQ Phase II — Formal COQ System
- Designing a formal COQ system
- Integrating Quality and Finance
- Business decisions from COQ Data Analysis
- Cost of Quality and Change Management
- Leading change
- Enabling action
- Overcoming resistance to change
- Identifying and Prioritizing opportunities for improvement
- Gaining management attention and support
- Measuring success in improvement
This is an instructor-led online virtual course.
Attendees will receive a printable PDF of the course content.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session