Understand the skills and talents required to be a successful consultant. This course, taught by a seasoned consultant, helps you accelerate your learning curve. You’ll learn five key issues every consultant must understand, and share insights online with course attendees.
There are realities to consulting that aren’t always apparent—until you’re in the middle of them. You’ll get an overview of the benefits and challenges of consulting to accelerate your success and help you avoid pitfalls and problems. You’ll also have an opportunity to ask questions and hear from a seasoned quality consultant.
ASQ courses provide online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 2 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.2
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the required skills and aptitudes for being an effective consultant.
- Understand the benefits of pursuing a consulting career.
- Understand what a consultant must do in five key areas: marketing and sales, consulting service deployment, fiscal planning and management (including federal and state compliance), use of desktop technologies, and time management.
- Gain insights and ideas from dialogue with other online course attendees.
- Get useful references to books, websites, and other resources.
Who Should Attend:This course is ideal for both prospective external consultants as well as new external consultants.
- Skills and aptitudes
- Review success attributes
- Self-assessment tool
- Dialog on pro’s and con’s
- Five key areas
- Marketing and sales
- Consulting service development
- Fiscal planning and management
- Desktop technologies
- Time management
- Wrap up
Digital course content
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|May 18, 2021 - May 18, 2021 09:00 AM - 11:30 AM CST||VIR0743||TBD||English||List: $219 Member: $169|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session