Anyone interested in charting process behavior using statistical process control charts.
This course provides an introduction to basic concepts for charting process behavior using statistical process control charts. The content covered by this course is also known as Statistical Process Control (SPC). Participants will receive a basic understanding of tools and methods used to measure and understand process behavior over time - in support of a Six Sigma DMAIC project or for ongoing process management.
Course materials are presented within the context of a Six Sigma improvement project, where process behavior charts (control charts) are often used in the Measure, Analyze, and Control phases of the D-M-A-I-C process. However, involvement in a Six Sigma project is not a prerequisite, and no prior knowledge of Six Sigma is assumed. This course is a component of the Online Six Sigma Black Belt and Online Six Sigma Green Belt courses.
Because it's designed with a heavy practice orientation, as much as 40% of your time is spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments. This course is a multimedia, interactive learning experience with audio lectures, slide shows, virtual classroom discussion, online notebook, toolbox, quizzes, glossary, and help feature. Media components are designed to consume minimal bandwidth and are not blocked by most firewalls. You will have 120 days to access this course.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 12 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.2
- Provider: Moresteam
- Understand the Six Sigma DMAIC process
- Understand the basics of measurement
- Construct and interpret a histogram
- Evaluate process performance over time using a Trend Chart
- Develop a subgrouping strategy
- Construct and interpret Statistical Process Control charts for variable and attribute data
- Perform a capability analysis
- Recognize when to apply the tools and techniques to complete the measure, analyze, or control phase of a Six Sigma project
- Perform calculations as required
Session 1 (13.90 Hours)
- Course Introduction
- The Six Sigma Improvement Process
- Measurement & Metrics
- Trend Chart Toolset
- Histogram Toolset
- Quantifying Process Variability
- SPC ‐ Introduction and Background
- SPC ‐ Introduction to Control Charts
- SPC ‐ Control Chart Limits
- SPC ‐ More On Control Limits
- Implementing SPC
- SPC Chart Selection
- Rational Subgrouping Toolset
- X and Moving Range Charts ‐ Toolset
- Attribute Control Chart Toolset
- X‐bar and R Chart Toolset
- Related Theory
- Process Capability Toolset
- Advanced SPC Charts I
- Advanced SPC Charts II
- Exercises and Quiz
- Course Completion
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|CPB01MS||Self-Paced||English||120 Days||List: $400 Member: $360|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session