Anyone interested in charting process behavior using statistical process control charts.
This course provides an introduction to basic concepts for charting process behavior using statistical process control charts. The content covered by this course is also known as Statistical Process Control (SPC). Participants will receive a basic understanding of tools and methods used to measure and understand process behavior over time - in support of a Six Sigma DMAIC project or for ongoing process management.
Course materials are presented within the context of a Six Sigma improvement project, where process behavior charts (control charts) are often used in the Measure, Analyze, and Control phases of the D-M-A-I-C process. However, involvement in a Six Sigma project is not a prerequisite, and no prior knowledge of Six Sigma is assumed. This course is a component of the Online Six Sigma Black Belt and Online Six Sigma Green Belt courses.
Because it's designed with a heavy practice orientation, as much as 40% of your time is spent working through interactive practice exercises and online assessments. This course is a multimedia, interactive learning experience with audio lectures, slide shows, virtual classroom discussion, online notebook, toolbox, quizzes, glossary, and help feature. Media components are designed to consume minimal bandwidth and are not blocked by most firewalls. You will have 120 days to access this course.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 12 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.2
- Provider: Moresteam
- Understand the Six Sigma DMAIC process
- Understand the basics of measurement
- Construct and interpret a histogram
- Evaluate process performance over time using a Trend Chart
- Develop a subgrouping strategy
- Construct and interpret Statistical Process Control charts for variable and attribute data
- Perform a capability analysis
- Recognize when to apply the tools and techniques to complete the measure, analyze, or control phase of a Six Sigma project
- Perform calculations as required
Session 1 (13.90 Hours)
- Course Introduction
- The Six Sigma Improvement Process
- Measurement & Metrics
- Trend Chart Toolset
- Histogram Toolset
- Quantifying Process Variability
- SPC ‐ Introduction and Background
- SPC ‐ Introduction to Control Charts
- SPC ‐ Control Chart Limits
- SPC ‐ More On Control Limits
- Implementing SPC
- SPC Chart Selection
- Rational Subgrouping Toolset
- X and Moving Range Charts ‐ Toolset
- Attribute Control Chart Toolset
- X‐bar and R Chart Toolset
- Related Theory
- Process Capability Toolset
- Advanced SPC Charts I
- Advanced SPC Charts II
- Exercises and Quiz
- Course Completion
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
- Deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could interfere with access to the e-learning.
- Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
Accessing Your E-learningAfter registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ.
If your request for a refund is made outside of thirty (30) days from purchase, we reserve the right to decline your request for a refund.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|CPB01MS||Self-Paced||English||120 Days||List: $400.00 Member: $360.00|
Custom training options for your organization
Need cost-effective learning with customized delivery? ASQ can train your employees on your schedule.
5 Key Benefits of Training with ASQ:
- Single-Point Provider: Manage your teams live sessions and e-learning via a dedicated ASQ account manager for continuous guidance and support throughout your learning program.
- Reliability: ASQ's expert instructors and world-renowned quality content is at your service to upskill teams anywhere they are.
- Cost efficiency: Choose from virtual, face-to-face, and e-learning to optimize your ROI and minimize disruptions of your operations.
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they have learned.
- Convenience: Get the training you need anytime, anywhere, from any device. Become an ASQ Organizational Member for even more benefits!