Prepare for the ASQ Certified Quality Technician exam as you review and practice the areas of the Body of Knowledge.
Reinforce your current understanding of the Certified Quality Technician (CQT) Body of Knowledge. Get practice in applications that may not be used every day, and become familiar with “exam-style” questions throughout the course.
Students receive course materials and a copy of ASQ’s Certified Quality Technician Handbook:Third Edition. Please bring a non-programmable calculator to class (Sharp EL-506TSBBW is recommended).
Note: This course is a refresher and, due to time limitations, is not intended to cover all the components of the Body of Knowledge in great depth. Taking this course does not constitute, nor imply, the successful passing of the ASQ Certified Quality Technician examination.
ASQ also offers this training course in an instructor-led virtual classroom setting, and on-site training is available for groups of five or more, offering convenience, cost-savings and even course customization when you bring our premier instructors to your organization.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 24 Hours
- ASQ RU: 2.4
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the content covered by the six main domains in the ASQ Certified Quality Technician Body of Knowledge (CQT BoK).
- Practice the concepts contained in the ASQ.CQT BoK.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those on the ASQ CQT exam.
Prerequisites:This review course is intended as preparation for the ASQ CQT certification exam. Attendees should have previous learning and/or experience in the topic.
Who Should Attend:This material is designed to aid quality technicians or individuals looking to achieve their CQT certification. Attendees of this course should have some prior knowledge of statistics, metrology, calibration, and inspection and test, as this course is designed as a review of the subject areas needed for the CQT exam.
- QUALITY CONCEPTS AND TOOLS
- General Concepts
- Quality Tool
- ASQ Code of Ethics for Professional Conduct
- STATISTICAL TECHNIQUES
- General Concepts
- Control Charts
- METROLOGY AND CALIBRATION
- Type of Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE)
- Control and Maintenance of M&TE
- Calibration M&TE
- INSPECTION AND TEST
- Blueprint Reading and Interpretation
- Inspection Concepts
- Inspection Techniques and Processes
- Nonconforming Material
- QUALITY AUDITS
- Audit Types and Terminology
- Audit Components
- Audit Tools and Techniques
- Audit Communication Tools
- RISK MANAGEMENT
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Corrective Action
- Preventive Action
This course is a three-day classroom course.
The course manual and a copy of the The Certified Quality Technician Handbook, 3rd edition are included in the course.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1549 Member: $1199|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session