Prepare for the ASQ Certified Quality Inspector exam as you review and practice the areas of the Body of Knowledge.
Reinforce your current understanding of the Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) Body of Knowledge. Get practice in applications that may not be used every day and become familiar with 'exam-style' questions throughout the course.
Students receive access to digital course content and an electronic copy of ASQ's Certified Quality Inspector Handbook: Third Edition. Please bring a non-programmable calculator to class (Sharp EL-506TSBBW is recommended).
Note: This course is a refresher and, due to time limitations, is not intended to cover all the components of the Body of Knowledge in great depth. Taking this course does not constitute, nor imply, the successful passing of the ASQ Certified Quality Inspector examination.
This ASQ course provides online access to the digital course content for 365 days, beginning five days before the first day of your course. Extensions and/or refunds cannot be issued if the digital course content has been accessed. Latest versions of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge are recommended―Internet Explorer is not supported.
- CEU Hours: 0
- Length: 16 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ
- Understand the content covered by the four main domains in the ASQ CQI BoK.
- Practice the concepts contained in the ASQ CQI BoK.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those on the ASQ CQI exam.
Prerequisites:This review course is intended as preparation for the ASQ CQI certification exam. Attendees should have previous learning and/or experience in the topic.
Who Should Attend:This material is designed to aid quality inspectors or individuals looking to achieve their CQI certification. Attendees of this course should have some prior knowledge of statistics, metrology, calibration, and inspection and test, as this course is designed as a review of the subject areas needed for the CQI exam.
- Course Introduction
- Technical Mathematics
- Basic Shop Math
- Basic Algebra
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Trigonometry
- Measurement Systems
- Numeric Conversions
- Common Gauges and Measurement Instruments
- Special Gauges and Applications
- Gauge Selection, Handling and Use
- Surface Plate Tools and Techniques
- Specialized Inspection Equipment
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Inspection and Test
- Blueprints, Drawings, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), and Model-Based Definitions
- Inspection Planning and Processes
- Testing Methods
- Software for Test Equipment
- Quality Assurance
- Basic Statistics and Applications
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Quality Improvement
- Quality Audits
- Quality Tools and Techniques
- Problem - solving Tools and Continuous Improvement Techniques
- Course Conclusion
FormatAn Internet-based, instructor led course utilizing web and teleconferencing technologies to allow students to interact without traveling. Virtual courses offer interaction with instructor and students via phone and Internet capabilities. Students have access to interaction both with the instructor and other students in an Internet-based learning environment (white board, Q&A tools, application sharing, and breakout rooms). Virtual courses are classroom-like experiences offered using the latest Internet tools.
MaterialsDigital course content and an electronic copy of The Certified Quality Inspector Handbook, 3rd Edition are included in the course.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
Technical Requirements (impacts all ASQ-owned eLearning)
- PC, Mac, or mobile device
- Audio speakers or headset
- High-speed internet connection
Browsers for ASQ Courses
You can view courses on any devices that support these browsers. This includes mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and Android-enabled phones and tablets.
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
Required Browser Settings for Viewing Courses
- Font downloads must be enabled to see the correct fonts and characters.
- When using Internet Explorer, turn off Compatibility View for sites where courses are hosted.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
A web-based, live, classroom-like instructor led experience allowing attendees to interact without traveling. Course includes online access to materials for a limited time and up to three hard copy prints. Some courses include an electronic book – see course description for details.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $724 Member: $624|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session