This course is based on the ASQ Quality Auditor Body of Knowledge. By teaching you to prepare, perform, report, and follow up audit results, the course prepares you to take the ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) exam.
Study at your own pace with this web-based course that is tailored to ASQ’s 2012 CQA body of knowledge updates. A great refresher course for those preparing for the CQA exam, it includes auditing concepts and descriptions backed by examples and scenarios. As requested by customers, we have added plenty of exam-style practice questions in a pre-test, a post-test and progress checks throughout the course - there are more than 350 questions to practice on. The pre-test also serves as a good self-assessment tool to determine which topics you need to focus your study on.
Additionally, a printable PDF download of the entire course is available that you can take with you into the CQA exam. Please note: no multiple choice formatted questions are admitted to the exam room – you will need to remove the study questions from the printout before the exam (there are page breaks to facilitate this).
- CEU Hours: 3.3
- Length: 33 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.3
- Audience: New to Quality; Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - Online
- Understand the content covered by the five main domains in the CQA Body of Knowledge.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those within the ASQ CQA exam.
Prerequisites:Prior knowledge of quality and auditing is recommended as this course is designed as a review of the subject areas needed for the CQA exam.
Who Should Attend:Individuals involved with quality auditing, those who support the auditing functions within an organization, and those looking to achieve their ASQ CQA certification should attend this training.
- Auditing Fundamentals
- Types of quality audits
- Purpose and scope of audits
- Criteria to audit against
- Roles and responsibilities of audit participants
- Professional conduct and consequences for auditors
- Audit Process
- Audit preparation and planning
- Audit performance
- Audit reporting
- Audit follow-up and closure
- Auditor Competencies
- Auditor Characteristics
- On-site audit resource management
- Conflict resolution
- Communication and presentation techniques
- Interviewing techniques
- Team Dynamics
- Audit Program Management and Business Applications
- Audit Program Management
- Business and financial impact
- Quality Tools and Techniques
- Basic quality and problem-solving tools
- Process improvement techniques
- Basic statistics
- Process variation
- Sampling methods
- Change control and configuration management
- Verification and validation
- Risk management tools
FormatThis program is an Internet-based, self-paced training course. Web-based courses require a computer and Internet access. This course is designed to provide you with online tests and tools while still providing you with printable modules perfect for taking with you as a reference if you choose to sit for the ASQ CQA exam.
Please note: no multiple choice formatted questions are admitted to the exam room—you will need to remove the study questions from the printout before the exam (there are page breaks to facilitate this).
MaterialsPrintable PDF file
- Course completion certificates are provided upon completion of the course with an 80 percent or better on the post test.
- Completion of this course in no way guarantees a passing score on the ASQ CQA exam.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|CQAASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $799 Member: $699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session