Learn to keep food safe by focusing on the identification of hazards based on the likelihood of occurrence instead of discovery of contamination.
With food safety being a growing concern, it’s essential for food suppliers to be equipped with the knowledge and expertise to proactively control hazards. Using the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system is a great way to identify, reduce and eliminate food hazards. You’ll learn about food safety and inspection while gaining a deeper understanding of the HACCP system, its principles and how to implement and maintain it. You’ll also become familiar with auditing fundamentals and other quality tools.
This self-study program features everything you’ll need to prepare for the Certified HACCP Auditor (CHA) exam. It includes a pre- and post-test as well as a printable PDF download of the entire course which you can take into the CHA exam. Please note: no multiple choice formatted questions are admitted to the exam room – you will need to remove the study questions from the printout before the exam (there are page breaks to facilitate this).
Please Note: ASQ is currently migrating this product to a new platform. When the migration (which will not include any new content) is complete, you will automatically receive it in your learning plan. You will have both versions in your learning plan until June 30, 2017. Access to the original version will no longer be available after 6/30/2017. Progress in the old version cannot be transferred into the new version. After June 30th, the old version will be removed from your learning plan unless completed. If completed, you will still be able to print your certificate of completion but will no longer be able to launch the old version.
We recognize this may be an inconvenience for you and we will be providing you with a full year (365 days) of access to the new course from the date you receive it (not your original purchase date).
- CEU Hours: 3.5
- Length: 35 Hours
- ASQ RU: 3.5
- Provider: ASQ - Online
- Refresh knowledge of the content covered by the six main domains in the Certified HACCP (CHA) Auditor Body of Knowledge.
- Become familiar with questions similar to those on the ASQ Certified HACCP Auditor exam.
Who Should Attend:Food Safety Professionals, Hospitality Managers
- HACCP Systems
- HACCP Terminology
- Prerequisite Programs
- Preliminary Tasks
- System Scope
- Management Responsibility
- HACCP Principles
- Principle 1 – Hazard Analysis
- Principle 2 - CCPs
- Principle 3 – Critical Limits
- Principle 4 - Monitoring
- Principle 5 – Corrective Action
- Principle 6 - Verification
- Principle 7 – Recordkeeping and Documentation
- Implementation and Maintenance of HACCP System
- Implementation and Assessment
- Validation and Reassessment
- Verification and Maintenance
- Auditing Fundamentals
- Basic Terms and Concepts
- Purpose of Audits
- Types of Audits
- Audit Criteria
- Audit Participants
- Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues
- Auditing Process and Auditor Competencies
- Audit Preparation and Planning
- Audit Performance
- Audit Reporting
- Audit Follow-up and Closure
- Auditor Competencies
- Quality Tools and Techniques
- Basic Quality Tools
- Descriptive Statistics
- Sampling Methods
- Process Capability
- Qualitative / Quantitative Analysis and Attributes / Variables Data
This program is an Internet-based, self-paced training course. Web-based courses require a computer and Internet access. This course is designed to provide you with online tests and tools while still providing you with printable modules perfect for taking with you as a reference if you choose to sit for the ASQ Certified HACCP Auditor exam.
Please note: no multiple choice formatted questions are admitted to the exam room – you will need to remove the study questions from the printout before the exam (there are page breaks to facilitate this).
Printable, pdf file of the course.
Course completion certificates are provided upon completion of the course with an 80 percent or better on the post test.
Completion of this course in no way guarantees a passing score on the ASQ Certified HACCP Auditor exam.
Please note that the questions in this product are not actual ASQ exam questions. Your performance on the practice exams is for study purposes only, and may or may not reflect performance on the actual certification exam.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|SPCHA2012ASQ||Self-Paced||English||365 Days||List: $799 Member: $699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session