This course prepares you for the Certified Calibration Technician exam. It is intended for practitioners, metrologists, measurement engineers, calibration/test technicians, and anyone interested in obtaining the ASQ CCT certification.
Study content you'll need to prepare for the Certified Calibration Technician exam. Developed from ASQ’s Certified Calibration Technician 2017 Body of Knowledge, this program emphasizes measurement uncertainty and its calculation, laboratory accreditation requirements, and measurement processes and procedures. The format of the course primarily consists of measurement theory discussions and the practices of calibration measurement.
- CEU Hours: 1.8
- Length: 18 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.8
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the principles and calculation of measurement uncertainty.
- Learn the requirements of a calibration or testing laboratory to qualify for accreditation.
- Learn the overall flow of work through a calibration lab, including the required paper trail.
- Discover what to put on a calibration certificate.
- Examine issues concerning automated measurements.
Prerequisites:Prior experience experienced in the field of calibration is recommended.
Who Should Attend:Practitioners already experienced in the field of calibration, such as metrologists, measurement engineers, calibration and test technicians, and anyone interested in preparing for the ASQ Certified Calibration Technician exam.
- General Metrology
- Base SI units
- Derived SI units
- SI multipliers and conversions
- Fundamental constants
- Common measurements
- Traceability standards and hierarchy
- Measurement standards
- Substitution of standards
- Measurement Systems
- Measurement methods
- Measurement characteristics
- Measurement data considerations
- IM&TE specification terms and characteristics
- Error sources
- Measurement assurance program (MAP)
- Calibration Systems
- Measurement Methods
- Measurement Data
- Primary Error Sources
- Measurement Systems and Capabilities
- Measurement Uncertainty and Applied Math
- Uncertainty terminology
- Uncertainty budget components
- Uncertainty determination and reporting
- Technical and applied mathematics
- Quality Systems and Standards
- Quality management systems
- Quality control tools
- Quality audits
- Corrective action for nonconformances
- Professional conduct and ethics
- Occupational safety requirements
- Quality standards and guides
This is a three-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
An indexed print manual with illustrations and practice problems and questions will be provided. Calculators will be available for use during course exercises.
Completion of this course in no way guarantees a passing score on the ASQ CCT exam.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1399 Member: $1299|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session