This course prepares you for the Certified Calibration Technician exam. It is intended for practitioners, metrologists, measurement engineers, calibration/test technicians, and anyone interested in obtaining the ASQ CCT certification.
Study content you'll need to prepare for the Certified Calibration Technician exam. Developed from ASQ’s Certified Calibration Technician Body of Knowledge, this program emphasizes measurement uncertainty and its calculation, laboratory accreditation requirements, and measurement processes and procedures. The format of the course primarily consists of measurement theory discussions and the practices of calibration measurement.
- CEU Hours: 1.8
- Length: 18 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.8
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the principles and calculation of measurement uncertainty.
- Learn the requirements of a calibration or testing laboratory to qualify for accreditation.
- Learn the overall flow of work through a calibration lab, including the required paper trail.
- Discover what to put on a calibration certificate.
- Examine issues concerning automated measurements.
Prerequisites:Prior experience experienced in the field of calibration is recommended.
Who Should Attend:Practitioners already experienced in the field of calibration, such as metrologists, measurement engineers, calibration and test technicians, and anyone interested in preparing for the ASQ Certified Calibration Technician exam.
- Certification Training Overview
- CCT BoK
- Six Cognitive Levels
- General Metrology
- Base and Derived SI Levels
- SI Multipliers and Conversions
- Fundamental Constant
- Principles of Traceability
- Types of Measurement Standards
- Measurement Systems
- Measurement Methods
- Measurement Data
- Primary Error Sources
- Measurement Systems and Capabilities
- Calibration Systems
- Calibration Procedures and Methods
- Calibration Processes
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Process Flow/Logistics/Schedule
- Manual and Automatic Calibration
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Technical and Applied Mathematics
- Applied Statistical Tools
- Quality System and Standards
- Quality Management Systems
- Seven Quality Control Tools
- Preventive and Corrective Action
- Professional Conduct and Ethics
- Quality Standards and Guides
- Measurement Uncertainty
- Uncertainty Introduction
- Measurement Process
- Measurement System
- Measurement Models
- Uncertainty Budget
- Decision Rules
This is a three-day, instructor-led, face-to-face course.
An indexed print manual with illustrations and practice problems and questions will be provided. Calculators will be available for use during course exercises.
Completion of this course in no way guarantees a passing score on the ASQ CCT exam.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1399 Member: $1299|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session