This course is a refresher for the Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) exam. You’ll learn how to conduct quality system audits using any performance standard. It is designed for quality practitioners, managers, professionals, auditors, and improvement team members.
Learn basic quality tools and techniques for professional development, as a refresher, or to prepare for the ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) examination. This course is designed to provide quality practitioners, managers, professionals, auditors, and improvement team members with an understanding of basic quality tools and techniques, and covers Part V (Quality Tools and Techniques) of the CQA Body of Knowledge (BoK). It is intended for those interested in conducting quality system audits using any performance standard (ISO 9001, FDA GMPs, FAA, etc.). Attendees will learn content through a series of lessons, illustrations, diagrams, interactive exercises, quizzes, tests, and a problem-solving team case study that students must review and be tested on to pass the class. A desk reference that covers all lessons and the QualityWBT Glossary are included in the class as PDF files. The class has a bank of 101 multiple choice test questions and 11 case study questions that cover BoK topics. You will have 90 days to access this course.
- CEU Hours: 0.8
- Length: 8 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.8
- Provider: Quality WBT
- Design check sheets, checklist and logs
- Apply flow charting techniques on the job
- Use different types of charts(i.e. pie, line, Pareto, CE, etc.)
- Assess quality improvement programs such as lean, corrective action, FMEA, 5S, and Six Sigma
- Select the appropriate sampling method for the situation
- Explain sampling concepts such as consumer risk
- Determine if statistical and non
- statistical sampling is appropriate
- Explain descriptive statistics
- Use quality tools such as histograms
- Assess quantitative and qualitative data
- Identify variables and attribute data
- Link results to wealth of the organization using cost of quality
- Interpret histograms and scatter diagrams
- Explain the purpose and use of control charts
- Identify in-control and capable processes
- Assess quality tool usage by others
- Answer questions related to an actual problem-solving case study.
Who Should Attend:This course is suited to quality practitioners, managers, professionals, auditors, and improvement team members with an understanding of basic quality tools and techniques. It may be used for professional development, as a refresher, or to prepare for the ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) examination.
- Fundamental Process Analysis and Control Tools
- Pareto Charts
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
- Check Sheets
- Improvement Tools and Techniques
- Root Cause Analysis
- Six Sigma Model (DMAIC)
- Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA)
- Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA)
- Sampling Methods
- Acceptance and Random, etc.
- Consumer and Producer Risk
- Confidence Level
- Statistical Tools
- Various Measures of Central Tendency
- Qualitative/Quantitative Analysis
- Control Charts and Process Capability
- Statistical Control
- Cost of Quality – Improvement Benefits
- Internal and External Failure
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time. You have 90 days to complete the course. The course is eight hours long and is worth .80 CEU hours or .80 ASQ RUs.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|AF3JPR||Self-Paced||English||90 Days||List: $189 Member: $169|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session