Learn auditing fundamentals and prepare for the CQA examination. This course is ideal for those interested in conducting management system or process audits using any performance standard.
Learn auditing fundamental conventions, auditor conduct requirements, auditor competencies (skill and knowledge needs), auditing program management, and business applications. Apply course content toward professional development, as a refresher, or for preparing for the ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) examination based on the 2012 CQA Body of Knowledge (BOK). Participants will become familiar with ISO 19011 audit standard changes that influence the CQA BOK as well as auditing process-based systems.
Course content will address CQA BOK Part I (auditing fundamentals), Part III (auditor competencies), and Part IV (audit program management and business applications) of the ASQ quality auditor 2012 Body of Knowledge. The course is intended for those interested in conducting management system or process audits using any performance standard (ISO 9001, FDA GMPs, FAA, and so on). The class consists of a series of lessons, illustrations, diagrams, interactive exercises, quizzes, tests, QualityWBT glossary, desk reference, and new case study test questions. The class has a bank of 157 multiple-choice test questions and 30 case study questions that cover BOK topics. Successful completion of the course will result in a certificate of completion and CEUs. The subscription period is for 90 days (plus one free 30-day subscription extension, if needed).
- CEU Hours: 0.9
- Length: 9 Hours
- ASQ RU: 0.9
- Provider: Quality WBT
- Explain audit terminology.
- Apply the principles of professional conduct.
- Respond to unethical situations and conduct.
- Determine the purpose of audits.
- Relate how audits add value.
- Apply new auditor competencies for team leadership.
- Apply verification and validation techniques during audits.
- Implement audit program management strategies.
- Assess configuration management systems.
- Explain risk management basics.
- Explain business processes and how they are linked.
- Contrast joint and combined auditing.
- Provide advisor and other roles that add value.
- Explain the 2004 CQA BOK.
- Incorporate ISO 19011:2002 guidance to current practices.
- Answer case study questions related to the CQA BOK.
Prerequisites:None; however, Auditing (CQA) Fundamentals I is recommended.
Who Should Attend:Those preparing for the Certified Quality Auditor exam as well as those needing further professional development or new auditors who have some experience in auditing.
- Auditing Terms and Purpose
- Audit Types, Criteria, and Participants
- Product, System, Improvement and Process Audits
- ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q19011-2002
- Roles and Responsibilities for Audit participants
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues
- Code of Ethics
- Conflict of Interest
- Liability Issues
- Auditor Competencies I
- Handling conflict
- Communications and Presentation Techniques
- Auditor Competencies II
- Interview techniques
- Management of teams
- Verification/Validation Techniques
- Audit Program Management and Function
- Identification and Justification of Resources
- Program Management
- Audit Program Management Process
- Record keeping
- Audit Program Management Personel
- Monitoring performance
- Business Applications for Change and Risk
- Change control
- Risk management
- Business Applications for Other Situations
- Business processes and their interrelationships
- Common audit elements
- Management support
- Auditor Roles
This is a self-paced course that can be started at any time. You have 90 days to complete the course. Course content is 9 hours long and is worth .90 CEU hours or .90 ASQ RU’s.
- Desk Reference (printable and available to take into the CQA Exam)
- 2004 Quality Auditor Certification (CQA) Body of Knowledge
- Case Studies
If you are preparing to take the CQA Exam, the content provider will make the course available for revision until the date of your exam and allow use of the exams as a study tool.
After course registration, you will receive an email with access instructions. If you do not, please check your email junk, spam, or clutter folders. If the email is not there, please contact ASQ. For virtual WebEx courses, you will receive another email 24 hours prior to the start of class containing additional access information.
- Computer – PC or Macintosh
- High-speed internet connection
- Adobe Flash Player 10.3 or later
- Windows: Internet Explorer 8 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 or later, Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- For instructor-led virtual WebEx courses, a speakerphone or telephone headset in a designated room or space with no distractions (preferred)
NOTE: Refer to product description for any additional system requirements.
WebEx – Virtual Course: Advance Preparation and Student Information
Join a Test Session
We strongly suggest that you join a WebEx test session in advance of your scheduled virtual training, using your preferred web browser. This can help prevent problems launching content the day your training begins.
If you do not have administrative privileges on the SAME computer you will be using the day of your training (i.e., your workstation within your organization) you may need the assistance of your local IT/IS help desk staff for the platform to engage correctly.
To join a test session (meeting), click here and enter your name and email address to join. If successful, you will see a screen that says "Congratulations! Your system is now set up properly ..."
Deactivate Pop-up Blockers
You should deactivate any pop-up blockers, spam filters, and company firewalls that could prevent the WebEx client platform or web-based course from working properly. Third-party toolbars such as Bing, Yahoo, and Google should also be disabled due to their own pop-up blocking capabilities.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
Internet-based, self-paced training modules, which may involve combinations of text, visuals, audio, interactive simulations and quizzes (see specific courses for features and tools). These web-based courses require a computer and Internet access.
|AF2JPR||Self-Paced||English||90 Days||List: $189 Member: $169|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session