Offer strategic feedback to your project team. Attendees will develop deep knowledge of the ITE judging framework and will apply the insight of ITE judges.
Built on a model that can address the specific needs of nearly every type of organization and across any industry, the ASQ International Team Excellence (ITE) framework has been used for the past 30 years to boost organizational-wide improvements that unlock efficiencies, develop sustainable solutions, inspire innovation throughout organizations, and establish new benchmarks for quality and stakeholder satisfaction. The framework can help organizations replace theory with field-tested approaches that solve real-world problems—enabling teams to meet the challenges their organizations face while delivering value to their customers and stakeholders. Accelerate project team performance and help teams meet organizational challenges, deliver exceptional value to customers and stakeholders, and advance organizational business strategies. Building off the knowledge created by “ASQ Team Excellence Leadership Training (Level 1): Developing High-Performing Teams” this course focuses on how to apply ASQ’s ITE framework to evaluate and improve team-based project performance through a detailed feedback report. Master ASQ’s ITE framework in order to serve as an evaluator and internal resource for projects within your organization.
- CEU Hours: 1.5
- Length: 15 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.5
- Audience: Professional
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Master the application of the ASQ ITE framework.
- Understand how to effectively evaluate team project performance across multiple industries, geographies, and complexities.
- Learn how to document and evaluate dynamic improvements in process performance and the financial impact of projects.
- Develop coaching and mentoring leadership skills.
- Foster expertise to serve as a judge for a local/national/intra-company team-based award or recognition program that is based on ASQ’s ITE framework.
Prerequisites:A solid foundational understanding of the ASQ ITE Framework.
Prior experience overseeing project teams or leading a team project.
Highly recommended] ASQ Team Excellence Training (Level 1): Developing High-Performing Teams
Who Should Attend:Team leads, project managers, Six Sigma project leaders, quality or continuous improvement leaders, senior managers, executives
- Course Pre-work
- Course pre-work: Studying the ITE criteria
- Judging process flow
- Introduction to “Exceeds” scoring
- Resolving differences in judging
- Rating errors
- Criteria terminology
- Detailed study of the criteria and clarifying questions
- Preliminary Round Training
- Roles and responsibilities of judges during preliminary round
- Characteristics of judges and lead judge
- Pre-work quiz
- Overview of the criteria
- The basics of scoring
- Considerations for Section 1
- Homework review
- Considerations for Sections 2 through 6
- Practice teams and individual scoring
- Score sheet and consensus
- Providing feedback
- Judging real teams
Students are expected to complete pre-work before this two-day, instructor-led course and send it to the course instructor four weeks before the class starts. A judge profile form should also be completed by attendees and sent to the instructor two weeks before the class starts. Attendees should bring hard copies of all course pre-work to class for discussion. Everyone attending this class should become familiar with the International Team Excellence (ITE) criteria before the first day of class.http://asq.org/wcqi/team-award/criteria-scoring.aspx
The course contains both lecture and interactive, large- and small-group activities. Customization for additional training on leading teams is available. Please speak with ASQ’s sales team for customization requests. Translation of course materials to another language may add additional time to the course length.
Prework in the form of a Power Point file, Excel, and Word exercises, and the ITE criteria will be sent to students six weeks before the class start date. Answer keys will also be sent so that attendees can self-check answers. Students will receive the Scoring Notes Booklet, case studies, and a pre- and post-quiz during class. There is no course manual for this class.
All course attendees should bring laptops to class equipped with Microsoft Office 2010, including Excel, or a later version. Mac computers will not allow the software to run properly. If someone is unable to bring a properly equipped laptop to class, please let the instructor know so that attendees can be grouped properly.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1599 Member: $1399|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session