Learn how to conduct audits in the aerospace industry. This course teaches you to understand the elements that comprise a quality system and learn how to assess compliance with AS9100 and ISO 9001 from the industry experts.
Learn how to assess compliance with AS9100 and ISO 9001 from the industry experts. Based on the ISO 9001 Exemplar Global Certified QMS Lead Auditor training course, this interactive version fulfills the AS9100 and ISO 9001 requirements for quality management systems. Discussions and workshops reinforce key topics including documentation audits, auditor interpretations, opening and closing meetings, checklists, listening and questioning techniques, and nonconformance reports.
This course is offered in cooperation with AQS Management Systems, an Exemplar Global Certified course provider and meets the training requirements for individual auditor certification.
- CEU Hours: 4.4
- Length: 44 Hours
- ASQ RU: 4.4
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Understand the elements that comprise a quality system.
- Discuss the relationships among AS9100 and ISO standards.
- Understand the audit evidence necessary to comply with AS 9100 requirements.
- Using ISO 19011, understand pre-auditing, auditing, and post-auditing follow-up activities.
- Know how to plan audit activities, develop checklists, and perform pre-assessment visits.
- Know how to conduct opening and closing meetings tailored to the aerospace industry.
- Be able to collect audit evidence, handle confrontations, and improve listening and questioning techniques.
Who Should Attend:Professionals involved in implementing/auditing QMS for aerospace, or leading a supplier QA effort should attend this training.
- Introduction and opening remarks
- Quality system aims and objectives
- Overview of auditee
- Types of audits
- Auditing as a management tool
- Who is an auditor?
- Auditor registration (IATCA)
- SAE auditor requirements
- Overview of AS9100
- Workshop #1 — Interpretation of AS9100
- Quality system documentation
- Workshop #2 — AS9100 compared with quality manual and procedures
- The audit cycle and ISO 19011
- Pre-audit activities
- Initiating the audit
- Documentation review
- Preparation notification
- Opening meeting
- Workshop #3 — Opening meeting and checklists
- Performing opening meeting
- Conducting the audit
- Auditing practices (Psychology)
- Rating of nonconformities
- Nonconformity reports
- Workshop #4 — Preparing nonconformity reports
- Workshop #5 — Performing the audit
- Workshop #6 — Auditing case study
- Workshop #7 — Closing meeting
- Conduct closing meeting
- Discussion of closing meeting
- Process auditing
- Report writing
- Review of lead auditor training course
- Individual Activity — Preparation of final report (Report to be submitted for grade)
- Follow-up and corrective action
- Workshop #8 — Corrective action report/presentations
Interactive, workshops, face-to-face time with instructor
What learners bring to the course with them:
Important: All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the AS9100 Rev C standard to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase this standard from ASQ.
What learners receive with the course:
Student course manual
Based on our ISO 9001 Exemplar Global Certified QMS Lead Auditor training course
Due to stringent international standards guidelines, a maximum course enrollment is strictly enforced. If you are told you are on the waiting list or have registered and have not received a confirmation letter prior to the course, contact ASQ immediately to verify your status before you make travel arrangements.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1899 Member: $1699|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session