This course prepares you to apply proper interpretation of the ISO standard to real life audit situations. You’ll manage the audit process including opening meetings, auditing, closing meetings, and reporting.
This Exemplar Global-certified course meets the training requirements for Exemplar Global Quality Management Systems Lead Auditors, Auditors, and Provisional Auditors with ASQ CQA status (required). This course makes extensive use of activities and case studies to help you fully understand the requirements of auditing to the ISO 9001:2008 standard. Lecture time is held to a minimum providing you time to learn and then practice your newly acquired skills in real-life audit situations that assure that you are prepared to conduct effective audits.
This course is offered in cooperation with AQS Management Systems, an Exemplar Global Certified course provider and meets the training requirements for individual auditor certification.
- CEU Hours: 1.6
- Length: 19 Hours
- ASQ RU: 1.6
- Audience: Practitioner
- Provider: ASQ - ILT
- Fully understand ISO 9001:2008 requirements.
- Apply the proper interpretation of the standard in actual audit situations.
- Tailor an audit interview based on the requirements of the standard and obtain audit evidence from this interview.
- Plan and conduct effective audits.
- Manage the audit process including opening meetings, auditing, closing meetings, and reporting.
Prerequisites:You must be a CQA or have extensive audit experience to take this course. All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001:2008 Quality Management Standard Requirements to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ (Item #T860).
Who Should Attend:Individuals with ASQ CQA status (required), all individuals who want to become Exemplar Global certified Lead Auditors and those assisting their organizations toward ISO 9000 registration, particularly in manufacturing and service organizations should attend this training. Quality directors, managers, engineers, auditors, ISO coordinators, directors of international ventures, laboratory quality professionals, and anyone responsible for leading an audit will benefit from this training.
- Unit I
- Terminology and definitions
- Background, history, and rationale for quality assurance
- Intro to the ISO family of documents
- Analysis of the contents of ISO 9001:2008
- Audit of the active manufacturing (audit #1)
- Unit II
- Quality system requirements
- Analyzing audit findings
- Audit of active manufacturing to ISO 9001:2008 and manual (audit #2)
- Exemplar Global and U.S. registration systems
- Auditor qualifications
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors
- Unit III
- Creation of effective audit checklists
- Auditing tips for the professional auditor
- Unit IV
- Documentation in the quality system
- Planning and conducting effective audits
- Applicability of the elements to company situations
- Prevention vs. detection
Review and exam
Detailed Course Description
To become a lead auditor: If you satisfactorily achieve the required pass points for the written exam and the required minimum grading for the continuous assessment, you will receive a "Successful Completion" certificate to demonstrate that you have met the training requirement for individual QMS auditor certification by Exemplar Global. Before becoming a lead auditor, there are also professional requirements that must be met, including conducting a number of verifiable audits, educational requirements, workplace experience, and sponsorship. Note: Due to stringent international standards guidelines, a maximum course enrollment will be strictly enforced. If you are told you are on a waiting list or have registered and not received a confirmation letter prior to the course, contact ASQ immediately to verify your status before you make travel arrangements.
This is a two-day, instructor-led, classroom course.
Important: All attendees are required to bring their own copy of the ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001:2008 Quality Management Standard Requirements to this training course. These will not be provided for you. You can purchase a copy of this standard from ASQ.
- If you need to cancel, we will refund your paid registration fee as noted below.
- Requests for cancellations/transfers received at least 5 business days before the start of the course receive a full refund/transfer.
- Requests received within 5 business days of the course starting incur a $150 processing fee.
- After the course starts, there are no refunds or transfers.
- Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.
- If you cannot find a substitute, we can transfer your course fees to another ASQ course of your choice.
- You must successfully complete the entire course or program before IACET CEUs and a Certificate of Completion can be awarded.
An instructor-led traditional classroom experience. Classroom-based instruction involves the highest level of instructor/student interaction. We offer classroom style training in two formats. See public and on-site.
|No Offerings Scheduled||English||List: $1299 Member: $1199|
ON-SITE TRAINING FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION.
ASQ’s customized on-site training programs are the cost-effective way for you to train employees on your schedule. Training on-site minimizes the cost-per-student, reduces travel expenses, and ensures that the content is specific to your exact needs.
5 Benefits of On-Site Training
- Expertise to your location: Saves time and travel expenses
- Convenient scheduling: Train groups of five or more
- Customizable courses: Training tailored to your groups’ needs
- Immediate results: Employees complete courses ready to apply what they’ve learned
- Value-add support: Instructors available to answer questions after session