The Six Sigma Forum Award for the Advancement of Six Sigma
Application deadline August 17, 2018
This award is meant to recognize outstanding achievements, efforts and contributions from Quality Professionals that further the body of knowledge and practice of the Six Sigma methodology. Specifically, this award will recognize individuals that have continued the expansion and use of Six Sigma to drive breakthrough improvements. A maximum of 1 award is planned to be given out each year. Only one person per award. Once someone has won an award they are not eligible to be considered for any future awards.
Applicants will submit a completed application form that includes documentation that demonstrates the applicant has clearly met the defined criteria. To ensure high level of objectivity and integrity, supporting documents as evidence will be sought for from the applicant in addition to two letters of recommendation.
- ASQ membership or ASQ SSF membership is preferred but not required.
- Must be employed or have been employed in the quality profession with a minimum of (5) five years’ experience as a Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt or as an otherwise trained Six Sigma Executive/Champion or Belt.
- Must have documented well respected and recognized leadership or facilitation expertise and coaching/mentoring experience of six sigma and continuous improvement professionals on the Six Sigma body of knowledge.
- Must have been employed professionally in driving continuous improvement. Can be from small professional organizations such as certifying agencies or consulting companies to large multi-national companies or a not for profit organizations.
- Must have demonstrated professional leadership experience in contribution to furthering, or significant deployment and application of, the Six Sigma body of knowledge. Evidence is demonstrated by innovations in Six Sigma application and approach and/or by growing and innovating the process by which Six Sigma is used by organizations.
- Must have made contributions to Conferences/Publications/Events (preferably ASQ sponsored) as a speaker or in the form of presentations. Stronger weighting will be given to books.
- No self-nomination.
The procedures for governance of this award must align with the procedures set forth for all society level awards. Including those governing award coordination (receiving multiple awards for the same body of work).