ASQ/ANSI/ISO 19011:2011: Guidelines for auditing management systems
This International Standard provides guidance for any organization on auditing management systems. It covers the principles of auditing, managing an audit program, conducting management system audits, and evaluating individuals involved in the audit process.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO 19011:2002).
Revisions in this edition include:
- A broader scope that covers not just quality and environmental management systems but any management systems
- Clarification of the relationship between ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021
- Introduction of remote audit methods and the concept of risk
- Addition of confidentiality as a new principle of auditing
- Inclusion of a new Annex A providing examples of discipline-specific knowledge and skllls