- Quality Management
- Quality Control
- Total Quality Management
The fifth edition of this highly regarded classic book on managing for quality, Juran’s Quality Planning and Analysis for Enterprise Quality, combines the pioneering concepts of Dr. Joseph M. Juran and the teachings of the late Dr. Frank M. Gryna with the insights and experience of today’s leading trainers and practitioners at the Juran Institute: Dr. Richard Chua, Executive VP and Joseph A. DeFeo, President & Executive Coach.
The trademark Juran Institute approach has been retained, developing the viewpoint that the achievement of quality products and services requires the application of managerial, technological, statistical, and behavioral actions throughout all functions of an organization. With real-world problems provided in each chapter, students are faced with realities that confront managers, designers, engineers, marketers, operations personnel, users, and others involved in enterprise quality.
Students and professionals will also find this book useful as they prepare for various certifications such as the Certified Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer, Quality Manager, Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt.
- A Road Map for Enterprise Quality to provide guidance to organizations on how to achieve and sustain breakthrough results.
- Modular organization of topics into four parts-Foundation, Managerial Concepts, Functional Applications, and Statistical Techniques-to enable instructors (and the reader) to customize topic coverage easily for different classes.
- New and expanded topics, including: Six Sigma Improvement, Design for Six Sigma, Lean, Value Stream Management, Mass Customization, Quality Function Deployment, and Strategic Deployment.
- Actual Six Sigma and Lean project examples and presentations.
- A fuller treatment of Hypothesis Testing, including a hypothesis testing roadmap, to guide students on the choice of statistical tests.
- Updated references and supplementary readings with descriptions of the citations, based on online searches of the latest literature-books, conferences, and journals.
- Use of MINITAB software to analyze data and solve problems. Worked examples using MINITAB are featured and data sets for exercises are provided on the website.
- New examples and exercises expanded to include: medical devices, service sector, pharmaceuticals, food, and software industries.
- Integration of ASQ style exam questions throughout chapters and updated in the Appendix.
- 25% new figures.
- Introduction: A Roadmap for Change
- Part I: Foundation
- 1. Basic Concepts
- 2. Companywide Assessment of Quality
- 3. Quality Improvement and Cost Reduction
- 4. Operational Quality Planning and Sales Income
- 5. Quality Control
- Part II: Managerial Concepts
- 6. Process Management
- 7. Organization for Quality
- 8. Strategic Quality Management
- 9. Developing a Quality Culture
- Part III: Functional Applications
- 10. Understanding Customer Needs
- 11. Designing for Quality
- 12. Supply Chain Management
- 13. Operations-Manufacturing Sector
- 14. Operations-Service Sector
- 15. Inspection, Test, and Measurement
- 16. Quality Assurance Audits
- Part IV: Statistical Techniques
- 17. Basic Concepts of Statistics and Probability
- 18. Statistical Tools for Analyzing Data
- 19. Statistical Tools for Designing for Quality
- Appendix I: Supplementary Problems Using Minitab