- Baldrige Criteria 2017-2018
This book is written to address the most detailed level of the Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence — the 43 Areas to Address. It is organized into five parts and is designed to help leaders and organization architects understand: (1) the fundamentals or key design concepts of performance excellence; (2) their organization’s unique context as it relates to the design of organization systems and a comprehensive scorecard; (3) organization systems including strategic leadership, execution excellence and organizational learning and support systems; (4) the organization scorecard including comparisons to other world class organizations; and (5) the path to performance excellence including organization diagnosis, design, and transformation.
Each of the 43 area to address sections in Parts 2, 3 and 4 follow a similar pattern of:
- Foundation – What does the criteria mean, in plain English
- Examples – What have leading organizations done in this area
- Questions – The Baldrige Criteria
- Worksheets - If you can fill out these templates, you have written an application. These Worksheets are included in an expanded form on the CD accompanying this book. They are in unprotected Microsoft Word files so they can be used to gather data to write an application.
- Assessment – Questions to ask if you want a quick look at your status
- Blueprint – The interrelationships between the Baldrige Criteria
- Thoughts for leaders – Why leaders should care about this portion of the criteria