- health care
- A structured approach to executing lean improvements
- Relevant real-world case studies
- Examples of tools and templates along with downloadable files
- Hints, tips, and lessons learned
- Chapter challenges aimed at giving the reader assignments to apply key concepts and tools in the work setting
The primary audience for this book is individuals responsible for improvement in healthcare settings, such as lean practitioners, Six Sigma belts, quality improvement specialists, and project managers. Additional health professionals will benefit from the practical application and guidance. Positions include frontline managers and supervisors, improvement teams, professors teaching quality improvement and/or operations management, healthcare professionals responsible for performance improvement, and students in all related health professions (clinical and administrative).
The book promotes practical application. Readers are equipped with the skills to implement lean concepts and tools within their work setting. Additionally, the book provides insight and strategies for avoiding failure and developing buy-in.