- problem solving
The eight discipline (8D) problem-solving methodology includes the following:
- Select an appropriate team
- Formulate the problem definition
- Activate interim containment
- Find root cause(s)
- Select and verify correction(s)
- Implement and validate corrective action(s)
- Take preventive steps
- Congratulate the team
This unique book provides an overview of the 8D process, gives guidance on tools for finding root causes, shows 8D in action in eight case studies, and gives five unsolved problems for readers to apply 8D themselves for practice.
Anyone who wants to improve quality, regardless of the industry they come from, will benefit from the 8D approach. It has been successfully applied in healthcare, retail, finance, government, and manufacturing.