Renzo Vasquez, process engineer at Medifarma
1. Where do you work?
I work at Medifarma, a leading pharmaceutical organization in Peru.
2. What do you do – what’s your title?
I implement projects to improve processes and measure the restrictions to minimize the impact in our operations. My title is process engineer.
3. What’s your educational background?
I´m an expert in operations, process improvement and supply chain management. I received a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from the Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería, one of the best institutions in Peru. I have a master’s degree in operations and an MBA from Centrum Católica in Peru. I’m a member of Beta Gamma Sigma.
4. How long have you been an ASQ member?
Since November 2013.
6. What do you think is most important in implementing a Six Sigma project?
I think the most important aspect is support from top management. It’s also great to have help from people with knowledge relevant to the project and know how to work like a team. A project manager to guide the team toward its goal is also essential.
7. Why do you think Six Sigma is important?
It enables the achievement of great results through process improvement and control.
8. Why do you think quality is important?
Quality makes a positive impact in everyday lives.
9. What’s your favorite benefit of quality?
It helps me save time and do my job right the first time.
10. Why did you choose to go into the quality field?
I think the quality has a place in all industries and it is the quality professional’s responsibility to tailor tools and approaches for each unique application.
11. What’s your best advice to someone new to quality?
Quality is the key to happiness in your personal life and it will help you maintain a competitive edge in the professional world. Don’t doubt quality—embrace it.