Ian Lowrie, management consultant and program manager.
1. Where do you work?
I'm based in the United Kingdom.
2. What do you do—what’s your title?
Management consultant and program manager.
3. What’s your educational background?
Engineering, management, project management and psychology.
4. How long have you been an ASQ member?
More than two years.
5. What do you think is most important in implementing a Six Sigma project?
6. Why do you think Six Sigma is important?
It is a powerful tool to add to your continuous improvement tool box.
7. Why do you think quality is important?
Without quality there is not ongoing profit stream.
8. What’s your favorite benefit of quality?
9. What’s your best advice to someone new to quality?
Understand your processes and do not take anyone else's word at face value. Explore and find out something for yourself—you will be surprised.