Making our voices heard
SYMPOSIUM THEME: Making Our Voices Heard
As 2021 comes to a close, it is time to talk about the lessons learned in a year defined by remarkable challenge and change, stumbles and success. ASQ’s Women in Quality Symposium provides an inclusive platform that gives voice to vital conversations centered around increasing inclusivity, authenticity, and allyship for women throughout the Quality landscape.
The 2nd annual virtual event brings together a diverse collection of individuals to talk about why and how to create supported, diverse, purpose-driven communities within organizations.
Through storytelling, virtual roundtables and engaging panel sessions, attendees will engage with thought leaders for insight into:
- Developing into an authentic, mindful leader
- Supporting all women—and finding support for yourself in the process
- Discovering the passion for purpose
- Understanding—and thriving—in the role of an ally
- Finding strength and resilience as a singular woman in professional spaces
Schedule subject to change. All times Central.
Join ASQ Board of Directors Chair Janet Raddatz as she welcomes attendees and shares her perspective on the unique ways the quality community provides opportunity to women of all backgrounds throughout their careers.
Opening Session: Rewriting the work/family narrative
The symposium begins with journey through the work/family narrative that has shifted since the global pandemic began, prompting the question: Is today the new normal when it comes to employment, parenting and family options? Our panelists will discuss and challenge the term work/life balance versus work/life integration and explore the future state of the workplace and home life and the roles women play throughout.
• Christy Mazzarisi, Global Quality Officer, Rational Vaccines, Inc.
• Marissa Dye, Senior Quality Engineer, International Flavors and Fragrances
• Susan Joseph, Head of Quality Business Process Management/QMS, Documentation & Personnel, AstraZeneca Corporate Quality
• Tanya Scharton-Kersten, Owner, Kersten Compliance Services, LLC
Panel Discussion: Exploring bias and unlocking opportunity through diversity, equity, and inclusion
Our panelists will discuss how bias influences us and steps to take to “unlock opportunity” within ourselves and our organizations. In this interactive presentation, we’ll work together to identify bias and we'll discuss the benefits of embracing the uniqueness of others—hopefully to become DEI champions.
• Therese Steiner, Global Customer Success Director of Strategy & Operational Effectiveness, LexisNexis
• Sheronda Jeffries, Technical Leader, Cisco Systems
Power Lunch Session: Stop, Start, Speak! Finding your true voice
A McKinsey research project conducted in partnership with LeanIn.Org revealed that one in three working mothers has considered leaving the workforce or downshifting their careers because of the stress the pandemic placed upon traditional parenting, caregiving and professional roles. Now, the post-pandemic world is asking for help, and current models don’t work anymore. It is time for women to raise our voices and lean on our strengths.
In this Symposium keynote, Luciana Paulise, Latina, millennial and a quality consultant, will tell her story of personal growth and how she discovered the importance of working on herself before leading others. As the author of 5S Your Life, stop procrastination and start self-organization, Luciana will introduce the 5S method to create a more productive and collaborative workplace.
Speaker: Luciana Paulise, Culture Coach, Biztorming Training and Consulting LLC
Information Exchange: Working in new ways--opportunities and challenges
In this networking session, we invite you to collaborate with your peers to troubleshoot common obstacles our new work environments present. Share your tips for success and learn from other attendees as they discuss their successes and challenges in navigating a new way of working.
Choose from four conversations:
• 100% virtual: Tips to optimize telework
• The hybrid workforce: Best practices for balance
• Return to the office: What to expect
• The new global employee: Available across all time zones
• Optimizing onboarding: Engaging new virtual team members
Afternoon Session: The meaning of allyship and how to achieve it
Presenter: Melissa Goltra, Managing Partner, FOCUS Training, Inc.
Guided Attendee Discussions
Enter a virtual networking space dedicated to sparking meaningful discussions on professional and personal development strategies, cultivating an authentic communication style, sparking essential conversations around DE&I, and practicing compassionate leadership.
There are four exchanges to choose from:
• Going Solo: Speaking as the only woman in the room
• Nurturing the next generation of women in quality
• Finding your tribe: Networking, mentorship and collaborative opportunities
• Recognizing bias and supporting equity initiatives
• Prioritizing you: Mental, emotional and spiritual balance
Afternoon Session: Writing Your Own Story: The Power of Intention Setting
Join leadership coach and facilitator Joanne Trotta to learn how to transform your Symposium experience into unleashing your full potential through the power of intention setting in both your professional and personal realms. In this interactive exercise, Joanne will lead you through an intention-setting process, weaving in research on the value and best practices that intention setting brings to all aspects of our lives. Walk away with a framework you can put into immediate action and make the most of your symposium experience and offer inspiration for an exceptional 2022.
Facilitator: Joanne Trotta, Founder and Managing Partner, Leaders Edge, Inc.
For the 2021 Women in Quality Symposium ASQ will provide 1.0 RU. Attendees should keep a copy of their registration confirmation as proof of participation in this event as a Recertification Activity for inclusion in your Recertification Journal. RU are provided to individual registrants only.
3 Panel Sessions Addressing:
- Rewriting the work/family narrative
- Unlocking opportunity through inclusion
- The meaning of allyship and how to achieve it
1 Power Lunch/General Session:
- Stop, Start, Speak! Finding your true voice using the 5s methodology
4 Guided Roundtable Discussions on:
- Going Solo: Speaking as the only woman in the room
- Nurturing the next generation of women in quality
- Finding your tribe: Networking, mentorship and collaborative opportunities
- Recognizing bias and supporting equity initiatives
1 Virtual Group Exercise:
- Writing your own story: Facilitated intention-setting
4 Peer-to-Peer Networking Exchanges Addressing:
- 100% virtual: Tips to optimize telework
- The hybrid workforce: Best practices for balance
- Return to the office: What to expect
- The new global employee: Available across all time zones