May 15 - May 18, 2022 | Anaheim, CA | Hybrid
ThE ART and science of quality
WCQI 2022 explores the symbiotic relationship between human and scientific aspects of quality management. Sessions addressing soft skills, cultural consciousness and leadership are offered alongside practical presentations outlining leading-edge applications and technologies, helping to bridge the gap between emotional and scientific intelligence and advance the quality community’s global standing as a comprehensive resource for progress, innovation, and excellence.
Leading through Excellence: The Master’s Series
Discover emerging best practices in leadership and engagement, diversity/equity/inclusion, change management and more in this series of expert-led sessions offering keys to leading and affecting change in both the near and long term. Learn how an organization can build a system of quality processes that exceed customer expectations, cultivate a leader’s mentality, ensure a culture of inclusion and equity, and embrace innovation.
- Leadership’s role in creating a quality-centered culture
- Integrating innovation and new technologies into current processes
- Change management best practices
- Sustaining organizations of excellence
Engineering an Enterprise-wide QMS
The voice of the customer is increasingly vital to a business's success, requiring large-scale and visible documentation of how an enterprise deploys strategy, data, and communications to infuse quality throughout the organization. These sessions unveil the key components of a quality management system, or QMS, and its critical contribution to customer satisfaction and retention. Identify how a QMS can drive improvements in regulatory compliance, supply chain efficiency, and quality service—all while controlling costs and uncovering opportunities for innovation, growth, and enterprise gain.
- Organizational context and risk-based thinking
- ISO 9001 and other QMS standards
- Aligning QMS with sustainability and transparency initiatives
- Getting started: Self-assessment, PDCA and beyond
- Software considerations
Framing Quality through a Technology Lens
Advances in technology continue to transform business processes. This collection of sessions brings attendees up to speed on product and process innovations geared toward advancing the pursuit of excellence through quality. Real-world use cases will provide an understanding of technologies and tools best suited for a variety of applications and include insight into identifying the key players on the implementation team.
- New applications in lean, Six Sigma, ISO, and Quality 4.0
- System integration best practices
- Advances in software, automation, digitalization, IoT, big data and other technologies
- Identifying and overcoming data barriers
- Staying current with process management
It’s Elemental: Quality Basics for Beginners (and Beyond)
More and more organizations rely on quality practices to navigate digital, cultural and operational challenges, making a thorough understanding of the fundamental tools and techniques essential for sustained progress. This area of focus underscores ways that new and advancing quality professionals can remain current on methods, trends, emerging frameworks—and commit to personal and professional growth in the process.
- Structuring quality teams: Roles and responsibilities
- Essential tools and terms: fishbone, Pareto, continuous improvement, Kata, etc.
- Quality systems in use: Baldrige criteria, ISO 9001, Six Sigma and more
- Guidance for NextGen: Mentoring, inclusion, career planning
CALL FOR REVIEWERS, SUBMISSIONS AND SESSION TIMELINE
|Call for Reviewers Opens||June 9, 2021|
|Call for Reviewers Deadline||August 2, 2021|
|Call for Proposals Live
||July 28, 2021|
|Call for Proposals Deadline||August 27, 2021|
|Proposal Review and Selection||September – October 2021|
|Selected Submissions Notified||November 15, 2021|
|Declined Submissions Notified||December 1, 2021|
|Presentations due to TPC||March 7, 2022|
|TPC Review Complete||April 11, 2022|
|Select presentations recorded and uploaded||April 30, 2022|
2021 Conference Materials
The preferred browsers for this event are Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. **Please note that Internet Explorer is not compatible with this site.
- Anyone who purchased registration to World Conference on Quality & Improvement 2021 will immediately see the 3.0 RU populated within their Journal – no paperwork is required. Attendees may refer to their Journal to confirm.
- To claim the additional 2.0 RU for 2021 WCQI, attendees can log the qualifying activity in the Journal and RU total claimed per activity (0.1 RU per hour) and upload documentation of their registration, which will suffice as proof of activity. No other proof/documentation will be accepted.
- Go to asq.org/cert/recertification for more information and for an instructional video at the bottom of the page on how to use the recert journal including entries for qualifying activities.
- If additional assistance is required, direct questions to email@example.com