Lead from Any Level: Strategies to Influence, Impact and Inspire
With the good news of ASQ resuming in-person meetings and events in many countries effective July 1, ASQ will defer hosting the virtual-only Leadership Conference until a later date to be announced. We are preparing for our first hybrid event in October, Quality 4.0 Summit.
Additionally, we have heard feedback from Member Leaders and members interested in volunteering who would like leadership training regarding their roles as volunteer leaders. We are working to incorporate this bonus content into the rescheduled Leadership Conference. More details forthcoming soon.
In the meantime, please visit myASQ for the refreshed calendar of events for outstanding member value hosted by ASQ sections and divisions.
The future of work has been severely affected by a global pandemic that dismantled the traditional workplace and thrust individuals, teams, and entire companies into virtual—and often isolated—environments. Furthermore, increasing calls for diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the global community have prompted the pursuit of lasting cultural changes that acknowledge the role DEI plays in boosting team performance. In short, the next ‘new normal’ is upon us, and the need for effective leadership has never been greater.
At the inaugural ASQ Leadership Conference, attendees will learn how they can develop leadership skills at any career stage that can make a meaningful difference to one’s organization, one’s colleagues and oneself. From gaining insights into unconscious bias to promoting social responsibility to identifying an authentic leadership style, the Leadership Conference will motivate attendees to influence, impact and inspire.
This new conference from ASQ is positioned to everyone who wants to make a positive contribution to the growth of their organization. The ASQ Leadership Conference will deliver:
- INSIGHT ON INDIVIDUAL VALUE at any level of an organization
- KEYS TO LEAD with acceptance and adoption
- METHODS OF INCLUSIVITY AND CONSIDERATION to expand your scope of thinking
The ASQ Leadership Conference provides live and on-demand elements in a virtual platform, allowing attendees to explore leadership through a quality lens.
9:00 a.m. – 9:05 a.m. CST
9:05 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. CST
Influence: Applying Intentional Leadership to Nurture a DEI Culture
- The foundations of diversity, equity, inclusion
- Recognizing and responding to bias and oppression
- Ensuring organizational readiness for DEI Initiatives
- Becoming an ally in a DEI on individual and institutional levels
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CST
Impact: Ensuring Organizational Impact through Social Responsibility
- Supporting people, planet, and profit
- Managing stakeholder expectations
- Integrating SR throughout an organization
- Managing risk and reputation
12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. CST
Lunch and Learn: Career Pathing
1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. CST
Inspire: Making it Personal with Holistic Leadership
- Identifying leadership styles to drive a culture of quality
- Effectively delegating, motivating, and empowering
- Proactive coaching and encouragement methods
- Distinguishing leadership from management
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. CST
4:00 p.m.- 4:15 p.m. CST
Conference summary and conclusion
- 3 general sessions featuring:
- ASQ Technical Community case studies/use cases
- Audience Q&A
- 3 networking salons for in-depth interaction with your peers>
- 3 on-demand presentations addressing motivation, mentoring and conflict management
- 3 Quality Press-curated articles on visioning, change management and communication
- An overview of ASQ’s new Career Pathing opportunity