These references support the topic areas in the CFSQA Body of Knowledge. They are used to write and review the questions in the test question pool. To determine which references you need, review the CFSQA Body of Knowledge. Determine which topic areas you need to study further. Then review this reference list to identify those that support your needs.
Note: ASQ Certification Board does not endorse any one particular reference source.
- ANSI/ISO/ASQ QE19011S-2004 Guidelines for Quality and/or Environmental Management Systems Auditing.
- Arter, Dennis R., Quality Audits for Improved Performance, 3rd ed., Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQ Quality Press, 2003.
- Brassard, Michael, and Diane Ritter, The Memory Jogger II, Goal/QPC, 1994.
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food, 21 C.F.R. § 117 (2019).
- Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Food for Animals, 21 C.F.R. § 507 (2019).
- DeFeo, Joseph A., Juran's Quality Handbook, 7th ed., New York: McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., 2017.
- Foundation FSSC 22000, FSSC 22000 Scheme, Version 5, 2019.
- Gryna, Frank, Quality Planning and Analysis: From Product Development through Use, 4 th ed., NY: McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) System and Guidelines for Its Application (Annex to CAC/RCP 1-1969, Rev. 3) 1997.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Principles and Application Guidelines, Adopted, August 14, 1997 National Advisory Committee on Microbiological Criteria for Foods.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Systems, 9 C.F.R. § 417 (2019).
- Parsowith, B. Scott, Fundamentals of Quality Auditing, Milwaukee, Wisconsin: ASQC Quality Press, 1995.
- Russell, J.P., The ASQ Auditing Handbook, 4th ed., ASQ Audit Division Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2013.
- Safe Quality Food Institute, SQF Code, Edition 8.1, Food Marketing Institute, 2019.
- Scott, Virginia N. and Kenneth E. Stevenson, ed. HACCP: A Systematic Approach to Food Safety, 4th ed., Washington, DC: Food Products Assn., 2006.
- Surak, John and Steven Wilson, The Certified HACCP Auditor Handbook, 3rd ed., Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2014.
- Tague, Nancy R., The Quality Toolbox, 2nd ed., Milwaukee, WI: ASQ Quality Press, 2005.
- The Codex Alimentarius Commission and the FAO/WHO Food Standards Programme: Complete Texts. E-mail: email@example.com.
ASQ books are available from ASQ Quality Press.