How can I schedule my exam appointment after my application is approved?
After your application is approved you will receive an email notification containing the following information:
- ASQ Certification Exam Eligibility ID and
- The examination scheduling instructions.
ASQ certification examinations are delivered by ASQ's testing partner, Prometric*. The examination scheduling instructions contained in your eligibility letter will direct you to a section of Prometric's website, where you can select and schedule your examination date and location.
ASQ cannot guarantee seating at the testing centers and recommends that you schedule the examination as soon as you select a date on which you want to take it. Please be aware that Prometric appointments become available approximately six months in advance.
NOTE: You must retain the unique ASQ Eligibility ID located on your scheduling notification. This code will be required to register for the examination.
*Special administrations will continue to be offered as a paper and pencil exam. Exam location information will be sent via seating letter approximately 2-3 weeks before the exam date.
Schedule your appointment online at the Prometric website. You will then click on Schedule My Exam.
You will be prompted to complete the following steps:
- Select your geographical location from the dropdown menu, and click "Next."
- Select "Schedule an Appointment."
- Read through the examination information presented on your screen, and click "Next."
- Read through and agree to the Policies and Data Privacy Notice
- Enter your unique ASQ Eligibility ID (this will be communicated to you via email after you application is approved) and the first four letters of your last name (as they appear on your government issued identification). Click "Next."
- Use the tool provided to search for testing sites in your area. Select "Schedule anAppointment."
- Locate and select your exam date and time. Available dates will appear in blue on the calendar, and dates with no appointments available will be in grey. Select your date from the calendar provided, and then your time. Click "Next."
- Confirm your contact information including email address. Please note, the email address provided will be the email that your examination confirmation will be sent to. Once your information is entered and confirmed, click "Next."
- Review your final appointment details, and then click "Complete Appointment." Your appointment will not be scheduled until you click "Complete Appointment."
- Your examination confirmation, along with your unique confirmation number, will be displayed. This information will also be sent via email to the address provided. Please retain this information for your records.
NOTE: Please maintain a copy of the CBT examination confirmation in your files in the unlikely event that there are any discrepancies. ASQ will not be able to advocate for you if this confirmation notice is not provided.Schedule your Examination by Telephone
- If you live in North America, you can use the Prometric Telephone System, an Interactive Voice Response System that enables you to use a touch-tone phone to schedule, reschedule, cancel or confirm existing examination appointments. Test center information (phone number, address and directions) can also be obtained over the telephone or online.
This telephone service is available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (U.S. Eastern Time). Please call +1 800 369 5949 and follow the prompts. The hearing impaired may schedule by calling +1 800 529 3590.
- If you live outside North America and wish to schedule your examination appointment by telephone, refer to the Prometric Regional Contact Center chart for the applicable telephone number.
- Outside North America: Please visit the Prometric website for the service center information for your region. https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/pages/contact-numbers.aspx?client=asq#
NOTE: Please be advised that when scheduling by telephone, you must go to the Prometric website and follow the instructions provided to print your confirmation information.
When calling Prometric's Customer Care Center, the Customer Service Representative will ask for:
- Testing program: (American Society for Quality)
- Name of examination
- ASQ Eligibility ID (e.g., 12345678)