Certified Software Quality Engineer (CSQE) Introduction
The Certified Software Quality Engineer understands software quality development and implementation, software inspection, testing, verification and validation; and implements software development and maintenance processes and methods.
Minimum Expectations for a Certified Software Quality Engineer:
- Must possess a fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, interpersonal relationships and professional ethics.
- Must possess an understanding of software quality management principles and demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of developing and implementing software quality programs, which include tracking, analyzing, reporting, problem resolution and training.
- Must understand and be able to implement software development and maintenance processes and methods, to quantify the fundamental problems and risks associated with implementing software development support processes, and to assess, support and implement process and technology changes.
- Must possess a basic understanding of project management principles and techniques as they relate to software project planning, implementation and tracking.
- Must know how to select, define and apply software measurement, metrics and analytical techniques, and possess a basic understanding of measurement theory and techniques and how to communicate results.
- Must have a thorough understanding of software inspection, testing, verification and validation. This includes knowledge of software and software work-product early defect detection and removal, testing (e.g., types, levels, strategies, tools and documentation) and verification and validation methods and techniques.
- Must have a basic understanding of how and when to perform software audits including audit planning, approaches, types, analyses, reporting results and follow-up.
- Must possess a basic understanding of configuration management processes to include planning, configuration identification, configuration control, change management, status accounting and reporting.
Each certification candidate is required to pass a written examination that consists of multiple-choice questions that measure comprehension of the body of knowledge. The Software Quality Engineer examination is a four-hour, 160 multiple-choice question examination. It is offered in the English language only.
$50 of your fee is an application fee, and is not refundable.