Upgrading facilities can be costly, filled with risks and stressful for those doing the work. To mitigate these challenges during a retrofit project, a pharmaceutical manufacturer used a construction quality assurance program....
A root cause analysis is performed to identify the initiating cause of a problem or failure. Part of one definition of a root cause is “a specific underlying cause.”...
Don't try finding a spot on a StairMaster or in a spin class on Jan. 8. The busiest week of the year at a gym is the second week of the new year. The gym is packed as tightly as people are packed into their spandex shorts....
Shadowing employees is a way to engage a process’s true experts—those doing the work. Managers can glean valuable information, accurately document processes and uncover new possibilities for improvement....
- QP Reviews: January 2017 [Open Access]
- Keeping Current: January 2017 [Open Access]
- Back to Basics: The Gravity of PDCA [Open Access]
- Career Corner: Be Your Own Boss [Open Access]
- Quality in the First Person: Quality is Everywhere [Open Access]
- One Good Idea: Five Whys and a Why Not [Open Access]