When the Coffs Harbour Laboratory of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology in Australia implemented an environmental management system, it realized financial savings, reduced waste and improved operational efficiencies, and saw increased staff engagement....
Quality can be defined in many ways. In technical usage, quality can have two meanings: the characteristics of a product or service that influence its ability to satisfy stated or implied needs; or a product or service free of deficiencies....
While traditional value stream maps, 5S workplace organization and spaghetti diagrams are crucial tools for the lean practitioner, they do not lend themselves readily to quantifying waste associated with transporting things throughout a facility....
There are secrets about 5S that lean experts often overlook because nobody ever clued them in. Before revealing the secrets, however, there are a few questions to answer: What is 5S? Why is 5S important to implement?...
- QP Reviews: October 2013 [Open Access]
- Keeping Current: October 2013 [Open Access]
- Back to Basics: Tell Me About It [Open Access]
- Perspectives: Action Required [Open Access]
- Quality in the First Person: Get a Job [Open Access]
- Volviendo a los Fundamentos: Intensifique el Ritmo [Open Access]
- Career Corner: The Dilbert Syndrome [Open Access]