One of the primary reasons improvement projects fail is a lack of alignment with an organization’s vision, mission, goals and objectives. In an attempt to avoid that issue, a government agency in Guyana deployed a multi-tool method for improvement....
What kind of care would you want for a loved one fighting cancer? This is the question the experts at Cancer Treatment Centers of America ask themselves every day and motivates employees to create a culture where continuous improvement becomes a habit....
Clinch Valley Medical Center—a for-profit, 175-bed hospital operating in western Virginia and part of a healthcare organization with operations in 18 states—has been undertaking lean Six Sigma initiatives for approximately three years....
Faced with cost reductions and scheduling changes, a chemotherapy mixing room (CMR) implemented the define, measure, analyze, improve and control method and lean tools to optimize operations....
- QP Reviews: February 2013 [Open Access]
- Keeping Current: February 2013 [Open Access]
- Back to Basics: Minimizing Chaos [Open Access]
- Volviendo a los Fundamentos: Minimizar el Caos [Open Access]
- Career Corner: Who's Responsible? [Open Access]
- Quality in the First Person: Keeping It Continuous [Open Access]
- Perspectives: The Unending Search [Open Access]