How Corning used quality to maintain its legacy of innovation for 160 years....
As quality professionals, we are comfortable in discussing both the health of a process and how to improve it using the tools of our trade. Yet, when it comes to applying those same approaches to our own performances, many of us are far less comfortable....
Each of us desires to be heard and understood, affirmed, blessed, safe, touched, chosen and included. Understanding these desires in each person can lead to high-performing work relationships, motivated employees and better quality....
The horseshoe nail proverb is remembered for illustrating how a seemingly inconsequential issue can lead to dire consequences. In the thought experiment that follows, the nail becomes a metaphor for failures of managers to understand variation....
- QP Reviews: July 2013 [Open Access]
- Keeping Current: July 2013 [Open Access]
- Expert Answers: July 2013 [Open Access]
- Quality in the First Person: Looming Memory [Open Access]
- Career Corner: An Age-old Problem [Open Access]
- One Good Idea: See If It Sticks [Open Access]