The hardest part of cycle-time reduction is knowing where to start. Process flow charts and visual maps help teams picture a process, but they present data in numerical form. Graphs and charts are more effective because they show patterns more clearly....
A South Carolina university and BMW summer camp taught students the real-world side of science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers and quality tool applications. Students also took part in a campus tour of USC Upstate and the BMW factory in G...
For a hitter in baseball, transitioning from one who relies on the big home run to win games to one who slaps out singles and doubles can be difficult. The same holds true for lean enterprise implementers....
Almost everything we do in life—personal and professional—involves a process. When we do it over and over, we have a repeatable process....
- QP Reviews: May 2015 [Open Access]
- Keeping Current: May 2015 [Open Access]
- Back to Basics: Why Ask Why? [Open Access]
- Standards Outlook: Innovation and ISO 9001:2015 [Open Access]
- Blank-Slate State [Open Access]
- Quality in the First Person: Funny Business? [Open Access]
- One Good Idea: Structure With Speed [Open Access]