The following guidelines must be followed when submitting a manuscript.
ASQ reserves the right to return to authors any manuscripts submitted that are not in accordance with the guidelines.
- Please submit your article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, address, daytime phone number, fax number and preferred e-mail address in your e-mail message. Do not include it in the manuscript.
- Use a standard 12-point font and one-inch margins.
- Line spacing should be set at 1.5 or 2.
- Format your text in a single column. Please do not use multiple columns.
- Include page numbers on all pages of the manuscript.
- Put figures and tables at the end of the manuscript in the order they should appear. If submitting electronic photos, send in TIFF, GIF or JPEG format at 300 dpi—no hand-drawn artwork.
- Number and group references at the end of the manuscript. Do not use Word’s automatic reference or footnote option.
- Include a brief author biography on a separate page at the end. Include current occupation, highest academic degree and where earned, and ASQ awards and designations. Information beyond this may not be included in final article.
- Please follow these word count limits:
- Feature articles – 2,500 words
- Back to Basics – 600 word maximum
- Try This Today (formerly One Good Idea) – 600 word maximum
- My Quality Story (formerly Quality in the First Person) – 600 word maximum
- If you do not have access to e-mail, send a hard copy and a computer disk to the attention of the Manuscript Coordinator, Quality Progress, 600 N. Plankinton Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53203. An electronic copy must be received for your article to be published. Computer disks will not be returned.