Column: Emerging Sectors: How To Measure Patient Satisfaction
Abstract:Seven practical recommendations can improve results:
- Use consistent and established methods and measures to obtain reliable and comparable data.
- Focus on areas of dissatisfaction and use a Six Sigma philosophy to effectively achieve improvements when the overall satisfaction level is already high.
- Monitor changes at several points during treatment to measure patient satisfaction.
- Use a sound quality program addressing clinical outcome in addition to satisfaction measures.
- Use satisfaction data to help frame customer service and marketing programs.
- Implement a quality improvement strategy that involves the caregivers.
- Publicize positive comments from patients to give staff members a morale …