Column: Emerging Sectors: The Evolution of a Quality Culture
Abstract:[Abstract from article]
Based on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award criteria for performance excellence, the Kelly Quality Management System (KQMS) serves as Kelly's blueprint for strategically building and enhancing its quality practices.
KQMS is comprised of seven categories that, together, clarify how Kelly does the following:
- Manages its business.
- Targets customers' current expectations and future needs.
- Encourages employee participation.
- Applies quality control methods to measure and monitor performance.
- Designs and delivers quality service.
- Prevents problems and detects improvement …