Caplette, Michele; Saunders, David (1990, ASQC) Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, CA; Arbor, Inc., Media, PA
- Annual Quality Congress, San Francisco, CA Vol. 44 No. 0
- QICID: 9533 May 1990 pp. 700-705
- List $10.00
- Member $5.00
This article is not available online. Contact us to receive a scan of the archive, in PDF format.
New to ASQ? REGISTER HERE.
This paper will show that the same techniques used by professional market researchers can be modified for use in studying internal customers, internal suppliers, external customers and external suppliers. Intel Corporation has used this systematic approach characterized by the following steps:
At Intel, we have found that the first step -- 'segmenting and profiling customers and suppliers' -- is critical to improving customer service. When the issues that surface in this phase are addressed (how to prioritize customers, role of management as a customer or supplier) it pays off in the subsequent steps of conducting customer or supplier research. This paper will discuss:
- - segmenting and profiling the customer base
- - developing a research design
- - collecting data
- - analyzing the data
- - taking appropriate action.
- - actual applications of customer research methods in a high technology environment
- - ways to segment customers
- - ways to prioritize customer driven improvement opportunities
- - hands-on research do's and don'ts.
Customer supplier relationships
Browse QIC Articles Chronologically:
Previous Article Next Article