Weir, George L. (1989, ASQC) Kaiser Aluminum, Newark Works, Newark, OH
- Annual Quality Congress, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Vol. 43 No. 0
- QICID: 3571 May 1989 pp. 223-228
- List $10.00
- Member $5.00
This article is not available online. Contact us to receive a scan of the archive, in PDF format.
New to ASQ? REGISTER HERE.
"Why should we get excited?". That was the exact response I received at a crew meeting introducing a Quality Improvement project in the Casting Department. If our objective in Quality Improvement is to have all people at all levels solving problems everyday then this question is at the heart of the cultural change. I have three objectives for this paper:
- Describe our operation so that you can compare your opportunities with ours.
- Present two case studies where we have improved quality using such "high tech" tools as communication, teamwork and SPC.
- Provide innovative approaches used to generate "excitement" and some analysis of what worked and why.
Quality management (QM),Motivation
Browse QIC Articles Chronologically:
Previous Article Next Article