Balaze, James E. (1988, ASQC) Texas Instruments, Inc., Plano, TX
- Annual Quality Congress, Dallas TX Vol. 42 No. 0
- QICID: 3533 May 1988 pp. 869
- List $10.00
- Member $5.00
This article is not available online. Contact us to receive a scan of the archive, in PDF format.
New to ASQ? REGISTER HERE.
The tutorial - A View of the Factory 1995 - will use a roadmap to the factory in 1995 as a framework for the session. The agenda for the session will be:
The roadmap to the Factory 1995 will begin with an understanding of the current status - looking particularly at touch labor, non-touch labor and material as a percent of total manufacturing cost. The presentation will discuss the importance of the non-touch/touch labor ratio, the integration of CAD and CAM (including Design for Producibility and Design for Assembly), Feature Technology, Simulation, the growing importance of material content and the application of Artificial Intelligence to the maintenance/repair scenario. The presentation will conclude with a view of a lights out manufacturing facility. The presentation will stress the potential impact on quality professionals.
- roadmap to the factory - 1995
- interactive audience discussion
- pro's and con's of factory 1995
- just-in-time (video - pending permission from Hewlett-Packard)
- design for assembly (video - pending permission from IBM)
- real time process control
- live demonstration
Browse QIC Articles Chronologically:
Previous Article Next Article